Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadow1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 06:39 PM
    Separation
    Hi

I'm from Massachusetts, and I'm wondering how do I go about getting a separation on my own without a lawyer. Is this even possible? Someone told me it was.
    Not sure what my rights are here, because he doesn't want a separation and I do. Please advise...

Thank you,
    Shadow
    tnjcap1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2003, 02:09 AM
    Separation
    I got my separation when I lived in VA an now I live in MD and am married again and I do know that in both states you don't need a lawyer. In both of the states you but be separated for a full year w/out and sort of intimate contact and then you can proceed with the divorce. Hope this helps. There are also web sites that
    You can look up legal stuff for free. One is NOLO.com
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2003, 02:53 AM
    Separation
    You don't need an attorney to get a legal separation, you can represent yourself in count and get that taken care of in any state... you just present your case to the clerk for a court date and show up and present to the judge... Best of luck and God bless

Chaz :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marital Property Expenses during separation [ 2 Answers ]

I am separated pending a divorce. My ex met someone else and moved out to live with him. I am living in condo until it sells - which may take a while. Since condo is in joint name and is marital property, is she responsible for some part of the monthly condo maintenance fee and insurance premium? ...

Color separation [ 6 Answers ]

Color serapation this is what I always hear most of the artist saying in terms of silkscreen printing, they say its for making a clear positive and its done by adobe or corel... Can anybody there help me or should I say teach me how this method done using adobe and corel... I want to learn......

View more questions Search