Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassywitch29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2003, 08:47 PM
    Need Major Help
    Ok Last yr my 10 yr old daughter went to live with her father, we agreed if she wanted to come back home she could. We went to court and made it to where he had physical cutody, but judge left me with lega custody. I was to have visitation every other weekend

Well I got it about 3 times.. the last time I saw her was Easter of 2002. She decided she wanted to come home. My ex's wife called out the police who drug my aughter away from me kicking and screaming and made her go with her dad.

He didn't let me see her after that. Then she allegated that her step great grandfather had molested her.. no proof of it though. Im not saying she lied, just that it seemed odd, because she always loved going over there and spending the night with him and her grandmother.

Since then I have heard nothing but I hate you and she wants to kill me and never wants to see or talk to me again. We went back to court 2 months ago. Was tired of the fighting gave him legal custody of her and me legal custody of our other 2 children ages 11 and 8.

Supervised visitation for us both by each other, no current spouses allowed... I got one visitation and he told me he wanted nothing else to do with our other children and he wanted me to stay away from the daughter he has with him. I haven't seen or heard from either of them since then..

What chance do I have in court to get my daughter back? And I won't have the money to do it for a few more months, how will it look on me for waiting so long to do anything about it? I jusy haven't had the money and legal aid doesn't deal with child custody where I live
    caretaker803 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassywitch29
    Ok Last yr my 10 yr old daughter went to live with her father, we agreed if she wanted to come back home she could. We went to court and made it to where he had physical cutody, but judge left me with lega custody. I was to have visitation every other weekend

Well I got it about 3 times.. the last time I saw her was Easter of 2002. She decided she wanted to come home. My ex's wife called out the police who drug my aughter away from me kicking and screaming and made her go with her dad.

He didnt let me see her after that. Then she allegated that her step great grandfather had molested her.. no proof of it though. Im not saying she lied, just that it seemed odd, because she always loved going over there and spending the night with him and her grandmother.

Since then I have heard nothing but I hate you and she wants to kill me and never wants to see or talk to me again. We went back to court 2 months ago. Was tired of the fighting gave him legal custody of her and me legal custody of our other 2 children ages 11 and 8.

Supervised visitation for us both by each other, no current spouses allowed... I got one visitation and he told me he wanted nothing else to do with our other children and he wanted me to stay away from the daughter he has with him. I havent seen or heard from either of them since then..

What chance do I have in court to get my daughter back? And I wont have the money to do it for a few more months, how will it look on me for waiting so long to do anything about it? I jusy havent had the money and legal aid doesnt deal with child custody where I live
    In my experience on this matter, Just don't attack your ex through your children. Be above that, keep notes, on your daily struggles to get your child back. Someday those notes will be the best thing in the world to have her read.

Remember that anyone who is willing to break up a family by separating the children isn't much of a human being. Someday she will want to know why YOU deserted her and your diary of the events will set her straight. As long as she is safe and not being hurt she will, in the end, come through this
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caretaker803
    In my experience on this matter, Just don't attack your ex through your children. Be above that, keep notes, on your daily struggles to get your child back. Someday those notes will be the best thing in the world to have her read.

Remember that anyone who is willing to break up a family by separating the children isn't much of a human being. Someday she will want to know why YOU deserted her and your diary of the events will set her straight. As long as she is safe and not being hurt she will, in the end, come through this

This post is from 2003 - I think the advice is a little too late to help the OP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After a first major break-up [ 6 Answers ]

I was talking to a friend the other day. I wnet through a pretty rough break up a little while back, my first major break up with a girl I had been with for sometime. My ex did the whole "break" thing and it took a while to get over. My friends ex did pretty much the same thing to him and we were...

Major Cat Problems [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is almost 3 years old and has had major issues most of her life. She is generally a timid cat who does not like strangers or other animals. She has a skin problem which causes her to itch uncontrolably on her head and face only. She has had lab work and is on or has been on several...

Major Tax Confusion - Please HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, This is my situation. Icame to United States on July 2000 on F1 Status. On January 2005, my opt was started. I got hired by a NJ based consulting firm on May 2005 and started working/getting paid form June 2005. My Opt Expired on January 2006 and I am on my H1 B since then. I got only one W2...

I need major help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a big problem at school. OK, there is this guy and he has a girlfriend. At the beginning og November he was flirting with me. But I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. So, one of my friends say that he said that I went to talk to him saying that to break up with his girl friend. Which I...

Help me! I'm having a major break down! [ 7 Answers ]

There are two guys at school they both like me. One's a year older, the other is the same age. The guy who is the same age as me is going to ask me out soon it's what my friends all say who overheard him talking but he would treat "Going Out" as just a title and that's not what I want but he's...

View more questions Search