Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sleepy2006 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Childsupport
    My daughter decided she wanted to see how living with daddy would be, thingking to keep the peace I'll let her try. Now it got to a point were she hates me, she's now been with him since Aug. 2007 and has been going to school there, he enrolled her and forgot to mention that I was the custodial parent and to resolve that issue took forever, he of course was all for it since he owed then $10000 in back childsupport. Told him that unless done by court, he will have to continue paying. They are making hardly any money in that family since he is refusing to work and only his wife works as security guard and they had another 3 kids on top of my daughter now. So they got help from the government and got my daughter free lunches, which I told the school I didn't want her to do that and am paying each month into the acct. which she uses of course, I also still pay the healthinsurance even though they say they have themselves. During the summer she had dentist appointments, but they didn't keep them and he didn't wanted to pay the $50 due or for any of the rest of the medical expenses that were due then. But she doesn't seem to mind and his brainwashing her now makes her hates me more than ever.. . Eitherway, what I am trying to ask is this:
    Can I still claim her on the taxes year end?
    Does he still have to pay child support (which he doesn't anyway) even though she is living with him?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 01:56 PM
    It depends who the court gave the dependency exemption to; if it was you, then you're allowed to claim her.

As for child support, he still needs to pay unless he goes to court and has the order reversed.

Mar 19, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384
    It depends who the court gave the dependency exemption to; if it was you, then you're allowed to claim her.

As for child support, he still needs to pay unless he goes to court and has the order reversed.

I am the custodial parent and he is the non-custodial one, so Yes I have that right I assume, not sure if I ever had gotten an "exemption" for that per say. "?"
    SO even if she lives with him?
    As per the degree I am paying the healthinsurance, which was "part" of his awesome child support payment, which is a joke. . but OK..

That is what I figured..
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 02:10 PM
    The court usually determines who will be allowed to claim the child as a dependent. It doesn't matter who your daughter lives with; my husband's 2 children live primarily with their mother but he's allowed to claim their son as his dependent.

As far as I know, the court ordered him to pay child support. He made the decision to take her in; that doesn't change the order.

Mar 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
    The court usually determines who will be allowed to claim the child as a dependent. It doesn't matter who your daughter lives with; my husband's 2 children live primarily with their mother but he's allowed to claim their son as his dependent.

As far as I know, the court ordered him to pay child support. He made the decision to take her in; that doesn't change the order.

I never knew that.. Have to pull the order I guess. What happens if that is not included? I have since the beginning claimed her, always..

I think he is under the impression if it were to come to a point that I would take him in front of court and request payment for the past due, he would say, hey wait a min. she's been living with me and then reverse everything to his best interest.. But with him you never know, 9th grade education, he and his wife especially know how to work the system and blame others, their goal in life for sure..
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 02:35 PM
    It should be included; the courts are very particular about things like that. They don't want both parents claiming the child and then someone owing the government money.

You can take him to court but like you said, odds are that he'll try to get support from you instead. I would talk to your attorney; you might be able to arrange to have what you would owe him deducted from what he already owes you. And if he tries to get a claim for back child support, then he has to prove that she was living with him all that time.

We need to form a "Stupid Exes Club"... *lol*

Mar 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
    It should be included; the courts are very particular about things like that. They don't want both parents claiming the child and then someone owing the government money.

You can take him to court but like you said, odds are that he'll try to get support from you instead. I would talk to your attorney; you might be able to arrange to have what you would owe him deducted from what he already owes you. And if he tries to get a claim for back child support, then he has to prove that she was living with him all that time.

We need to form a "Stupid Exes Club".... *lol*
    Seriously, I am in :)
    THE "SEC" haha
    But it will also show that I have paid insurance and whatever else.. Eitherway.. Might want to read my other "question" I have posted.. "Giving up child? How? What options do I have other than that?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

ChildSupport and TPR [ 5 Answers ]

I am the non-custodial parent and my daughters mother will not agree with any visitation situation presented to her. My question is if I terminate my parental rights to the child am I still responsible for paying child support. Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying child support but I also want to...

Modification of childsupport [ 2 Answers ]

My oldest child has turned 18 and I still have 2 yrs to pay on my other. Florida child support enforcement agency has advised me that I DO NOT GET A DEDUCTION IN CHILD SUPPORT. I have gone into the local office (you cannot call and speak with anyone) and they tell me that there is nothing that they...

Visitation and paying childsupport [ 1 Answers ]

My brother since the day his daughter was born has been denied to see her, unless he was willing to be with his daughters mother, she doesn't want him to have anything to do with her unless they are together, He's been paying child support for her, ever since she was born, and does things for her,...

Does the child have the right to his childsupport [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I recently got guardianship over his yonger brother. He collects childsupport but his mon refuses to send it to him. Who has the right the childsupport the mother or the child?

Childsupport and time [ 11 Answers ]

I love my daughter very much and pick her up from school everday and drop her off to her mom everyday ,she is ten and has a learning disability so her home work takes up a lot of time .I have joint legal custody I also have her every other weekend,I keepasking her mom to drop child support or give...

View more questions Search