Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopelessly lost and alone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Am I really crazy or is it just my family?
    What do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy? I feel like all I need is someone to just sit down and listen to me. Everyone form my mother to my husband continuously tells me I need to be committed to a mental institution. I do feel like I'm about to bust wide open and I feel that if everyone would just stop screaming at me and let me talk... well maybe they would see a change in me. The thing I think is funny is... I have A lot of friends and I never have a problem but as soon as I stand up for myself to my mother or husband I need mental help when I don't "mind them"! Oh and by the way... I'm 38 years old and have five children. My mom and my husband are control freaks and they love to put me down and scream at me ALL the time. So now back to my question... what do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy?:confused:
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Mar 19, 2008, 09:19 AM
    The reason u might think your crazy is that your stressed, with everyone shounting at you a lot
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 04:09 PM
    You say your mother and husband think you are crazy but not your friends.
    Your mother and your husband are not everyone although when they scream and will not listen to you I know it feels like everyone.
    You need to just ignore their screaming and do not get into arguments with them.
    Do not try and explain yourself. Just do what you have to do.
    When they tell you to do something as long as it is reasonable and you don't have a problem with it just do it. The less you try to have your say the less they can say you are crazy. If you totally disagree with something try writing out your side of the problem and have them read it. That may or may not work.
    Try spending more time with your friends that treat you right.
    Foxyarse Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelessly lost and alone
    what do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy? i feel like all i need is someone to just sit down and listen to me. everyone form my mother to my husband continuously tells me i need to be committed to a mental institution. i do feel like im about to bust wide open and i feel that if everyone would just stop screaming at me and let me talk.... well maybe they would see a change in me. the thing i think is funny is... i have ALOT of friends and i never have a problem but as soon as i stand up for myself to my mother or husband i need mental help when i don't "mind them"! oh and by the way... im 38 years old and have five children. my mom and my husband are control freaks and they love to put me down and scream at me ALL the time. so now back to my question....what do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy?:confused:
    These are abusive people... there is jealousy here also. You need counselling.
    hic1957 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Mar 20, 2008, 07:51 AM
    I ENJOY being crazy! - it keeps the weird-ohs away! - seriously - not only have I been accused of being crazy, but I have been accused of being a modern day frankenstein, and turing my mother against my father and my sister against our parents! - my answer to them is irrespective of the label you place on my thoughts and/or behavior, if your dissatisfaction is merely in the realm of opinion, that is to say, if I haven't really DONE anything thing to you personally and you just don't like what I do, guess what? That's YOUR problem! I am not responsible for how YOU think, how YOU feel and how YOU perceive things; accordingly, it's MY life and MY.Y.O.B. (mind your own business)! THAT's what I tell them - with me - it got so bad, they were like emotional vampires, draining the very life out of me! I removed myself COMPLETELY from my family! - I emotionally divorced them from my life for 5 years! - no calls, no cards , no visits, no birthdays, no funerals, nada! - I kind of took myself off the planet from them - 5 years later, after I had perfected my technique to the extent possible, I re-emerged, with a renewed sense of confidence that now enables me to quietly say: I understand you do not agree and you are choosing to feel bad about this, but it is YOUR choice. I would like to see you continue in our relationship, but if YOU feel so strongly that this is something YOU cannot or WILL not deal with, well, - say-la-vee, as the french say!
    foreverblue8691 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelessly lost and alone
    what do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy? i feel like all i need is someone to just sit down and listen to me. everyone form my mother to my husband continuously tells me i need to be committed to a mental institution. i do feel like im about to bust wide open and i feel that if everyone would just stop screaming at me and let me talk.... well maybe they would see a change in me. the thing i think is funny is... i have ALOT of friends and i never have a problem but as soon as i stand up for myself to my mother or husband i need mental help when i don't "mind them"! oh and by the way... im 38 years old and have five children. my mom and my husband are control freaks and they love to put me down and scream at me ALL the time. so now back to my question....what do you do when EVERYONE ALWAYS tells you that you are crazy?:confused:
    You are in 2 abusive relationships. You also need to think what this does to your children... does your husband yell at them too? I think you and your husband need to go to counseling. As for your mother you are an adult now. Tell her if she wants to be in your life she is going to have to tone it down a little. She can not yell at you and scold you like a child, you are capable of making your own choices. Tell her to buck up or get out...
    bedford12 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverblue8691 View Post
    you are in 2 abusive relationships. you also need to think what this does to your children... does your husband yell at them too? i think you and your husband need to go to counseling. as for your mother you are an adult now. tell her if she wants to be in your life she is going to have to tone it down a little. she can not yell at you and scold you like a child, you are capable of making your own choices. tell her to buck up or get out...
    Listen we all go threw a lot of creaziness with family my mother and I use to be very close until she goes on her drinking binges she has two personalities and I can't seem to figure them out I love her very much but know she is just a pain in the it is terrible to say this about ones on mom but it can be fustrating always trying to please others and no one tries to please you please yourself the world is full of character play your role trust god and believe in yourself and all things willwork for the better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single family to 2 family electrical service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, first time posting to this site. I am changing an existing 200 amp service to a 2 meter service. Presently, the home added an apartment above the garage with its own 100 amp panel. The panel is served by a 100 amp breaker in the main panel. The homeowner wants to separately meter the...

How to Convert a single family house to a legal 4 family house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am looking to convert my singly family home to a legal 4 family house so as to rent out all 4 units and get some income. How to do I go about getting all the information and permission for the same? Thanks

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

View more questions Search