Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazygnome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Arrorest trouble
    Hi

I am a rookie at archery but I try :)

I have a compound bow and a prong arrorrest. The thing is that when I shoot the arrors gets thorn by the rest. I can shoot maybe 10 times then the fins on the arrow is almost destroyed. I have tried to adjust it to my best knowledge but its still not good. The arrows is pretty good quality and when I shoot it goes quite straight (no fishtailing).

I hope you can understand my English

Peter
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 08:53 AM
    I don't know if this information will be helpful, because I am only a beginner at archery as well.

First, are you lining your arrows up properly with the feathers... and guide feathers to the outside. One side should have a different color pattern if they are like mine.

Another suggestion would be to take your bad arrows to an archery shop and explain it to them. They might know more specifics about the set up you are using.

For target practice, I have shot the same arrows a hundred times without damage to the feathers. My problem is when the shaft gets damaged.

It might also be the amount of pressure your bow is set at depending on the type of arrows you are using.
    crazygnome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    I don't know if this information will be helpful, because I am only a beginner at archery as well.

First, are you lining your arrows up properly with the feathers... and guide feathers to the outside. One side should have a different color pattern if they are like mine.

Another suggestion would be to take your bad arrows to an archery shop and explain it to them. They might know more specifics about the set up you are using.

For target practice, I have shot the same arrows a hundred times without damage to the feathers. My problem is when the shaft gets damaged.

It might also be the amount of pressure your bow is set at depending on the type of arrows you are using.

Hi thanks for the tip. Well I have cammo colored arrows and the feathers are all black but I have tried do align them so they are at the 6 10 and 2 position so they should miss the rest hopefully... I think it got abit better after that.. I have not been shooting this winter due too the snow and cold (I shoot outside)...

Peter

[email protected] i or add if you like
    Whackmaster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
    For the utmost in Archery how to and to understand the mystical flight of the arrow. Come over to TedNugent.com/hunting/forums. We have many hunting and competition shooters over her that can help. After signing up. Introduce yourself and tell them the Caliwhackmaster referred you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get in trouble [ 18 Answers ]

Can a 17 year old boy get in trouble for datin a 14 year old girl

My ex is in trouble, should I do something? [ 13 Answers ]

It's been a month since my ex told me that he couldn't handle a relationship though he claimed to still love me. Well I run into him from time to time at work, and one day I could have sworn there was still something there between us. I could be wrong, but I think that when we broke up money might...

I'm in trouble [ 2 Answers ]

Well here I go. I asked this girl named stephanie to homecoming about 2 weeks ago. In The beginning we decided that we would go as friends. Everything between her and me seemed to be absolutely fine. Until the football game. This kid was all over her and she was all over him. Everyone kept on...

I'm in trouble again [ 1 Answers ]

Well they say love is blind! Anyway I had to fill bankruptcy with my ex husband and I told myself that I would never get back into debt! Well I laid to myself, the problem I have now is that I fell in love again and purchased a truck in which HE PAID FOR AND HE DROVE, put now that we are no longer...

View more questions Search