Ask
    ewaterhouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Grants for ex felons
    Where so I find grants for ex felons?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
    The same place you find grants for regular people, some have grants that felons are not exempt from, but there aren't any "special" ones that I know of just for felons.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
    I didn't even think you could get a grant if you were an ex felon, that's cool. I typed it in at Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search and had a bunch of things come up maybe this will help not sure.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 05:11 PM
    There is no such thing as an ex-felon for starters. Either you are a felon or you are not a felon. You can be an ex-inmate. And so, there are no grants out there for felons that I am aware of. You'll just have to apply like everyone else does for a grant. If you need a job, the military is accepting felons into their "Future Soldiers" program. Give them a call.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 05:47 PM
    There are some training programs, half way houses for those getting out and other things for felons
    Jillian Wheeler Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2008, 04:13 PM
    There are educational grants and loans, if you are interested in going back to school. If you have a drug conviction, you may not qualify for federal assistance, but there are lots of private scholarships. Check with the Financial Aid counselor at your community college.

If you're interested in starting a business, I'd recommend you check out the Small Business Administration site, at www.sba.gov. While you are there, take a look at the Microloan programs, which are great for small businesses that need under $40,000.

Unfortunately, there really aren't very many grants to start or grow a business, despite all the promises you see on the Internet. Some cities and states offer "economic development" programs, so it's worth checking to see if those exist in your area.

Of course, there are grants for projects that benefit the community, and many people have started such projects and created jobs for themselves.

Best of luck,

Jillian
    betwnunme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 12:44 AM
    Actually, when a person is in prison, he is considered a felon. When he has finished his debt to society by doing his time and is again a member of society, he is considered an ex-felon. So, the original question was correct in it's terminology.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 50 year old professional who has a 10 year old drug possession felony On my record--my skills qualify me to become a small business consultant Helping small businesses use proven business practices and modern technology To grow and prosper. I would like to start my own small business...

Grants for felons [ 4 Answers ]

HI. I'm interested in finding information about grants available for released prison inmates. This information would need to be useful in assisting them in starting businesses, buying a home or just anything in general in helping them and their families getting back on their feet.

Grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I need info. On student grants for convicted felons returning to school

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any grants for felons? And if so.. how do I apply for them

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Are there grants for convicted felons.

View more questions Search