Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Firefighter776 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 12:14 AM
    WD Passport External HD gave up!
    One minute, working just fine... the next... gone. All it does now is slowly flashes the LED and I can get any info off it. Sometimes it shows up under My Computer, but is unreadable, mostly it doesn't show up. It slows down the comp when hooked up now, and everything frees up when I unplug the USB. I don't give a damn about the 120GB drive now, I just want my photos of my family off it. HELP!! Please...
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:11 AM
    It could be that the enclosure is bad and the drive (and its data) are still good. Let's hope so. You should be able to remove the drive from the enclosure and put it directly into your computer (depending on your geekiness factor, you may need assistance).

If you still can't see the files, then you might want to try Spinrite to repair the drive. It's not a free program, but if it doesn't work, they'll refund your money.

Best of Luck,
    WallyH
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 8, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Are you using the included ac adapter? If your trying to run off USB power, some USB implementations only provide 250mA of current. A 2.5" drive requires at least 500mA just to startup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She gave me the boot for Christmas [ 9 Answers ]

My wife and I have one toddler and she has an 8 and 9 year old from a previous marriage. Her name is the only name on the lease. We have only been married for a short period. We both are divorced from previous marriages. This holiday season and our marriage have been stressful since it all started...

Dog just gave birth [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had four puppies three days ago but she won't eat anything but cheerios. I tried everything mixing the cheerios with dog food, dry and soft. My vet said she need all the food she can get because she is feeding the puppies. She needs to it other healthy stuff too. What can I do? Please...

View more questions Search