Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bowtiepr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Computer Mouse
    My mouse does not work properly. I have to really bang it around to get the pointer where I want it to go. This just started a few days ago. Any suggestions other than buying a new one?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 3, 2006, 09:29 AM
    Have you tried to clean out the bottom?

There may be dust or other gunk blocking the movement of the mouse-ball, or the optical sensor, depending on the type of mouse.

If you have the ball type - You should be able to unscrew the bottom and take out the ball. You'll see inside there are rollers that the ball moves. They might be dusty or yucky.

If you have the optical or laser type, just blow out any junk from the lens on the underside of your mouse using some compressed air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wandering Mouse [ 5 Answers ]

When I hold my mouse still, it often moves upward slowly & often to the left. It's not smooth movement either, it jiggles while it's moving. How do I stop this?

ME-Mouse [ 1 Answers ]

I am runnig Me on my PC .but the Mouse does not work... Help.. What can I do

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Mouse problem [ 2 Answers ]

My mouse is very moody. I changed it a couple of times thinking it might be my mouse but it still acts the same. My latest one is a wheelmouse optical. It does not move to the direction I wanted it to go and responds very slow. It works fine for a short while but later it gets stuck again. I tried...

View more questions Search