Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desseria5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Looking for missing dad -gone for 20 years
    I am looking for my biological father- his name is Kenneth Leroy Whitney. Aged around 50 years old- last I knew he was located somewhere around Clymer Ny. Remarried to a woman named Sue ( her previously married last name was dividio- I believe her maiden name started with an F. Our family has lost contact with him. Even his own mother is worried sick- if it wasn't for the 10 hr drive I am almost inclined to drive to Clymer ny and drive up and down every last road. As for my story - I last saw my father when I was 9 yrs old.. have spoken to him on the phone and possess a picture of him in the military from his youth( 101st airborne) - if by some chance of god- someone on here KNOWS him-- then please pass on the word to him - that his daughter Becky Miler ( maiden whitney) is looking for him and would love for him to meet his granddaughters,Josie,5yrs old , and Anya,who we just celebrated turning one. I have not spoken to him in 2 years.. I have a single letter from him I received when I was 18 ( he was living in Durham NC) at the time.. thank you -if you need anymore info or have info please feel free to respond.. thank you very much..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:47 PM
    ZABA KENNETH LEROY WHITNEY #1 People Search Engine

I found 41 men in the US ( varoius ages) using that first name, middle int and last name.
    There was one in NY that had a close birthdate. The one showing up in NC was born in 1905, so that would not have been him.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by desseria5
    I am looking for my biological father- his name is Kenneth Leroy Whitney. Aged around 50 years old- last i knew he was located somewhere around Clymer Ny. Remarried to a woman named Sue ( her previously married last name was dividio- i believe her maiden name started with an F. Our family has lost contact with him. Even his own mother is worried sick- if it wasn't for the 10 hr drive i am almost inclined to drive to Clymer ny and drive up and down every last road. As for my story - i last saw my father when i was 9 yrs old.. have spoken to him on the phone and possess a picture of him in the military from his youth( 101st airborne) - if by some chance of god- someone on here KNOWS him-- then please pass on the word to him - that his daughter Becky Miler ( maiden whitney) is looking for him and would love for him to meet his granddaughters,Josie,5yrs old , and Anya,who we just celebrated turning one. I have not spoken to him in 2 years.. i have a single letter from him i received when i was 18 ( he was living in Durham NC) at the time .. thank you -if you need anymore info or have info please feel free to respond.. thank you very much..

Hire a Private Investigator - you have more than enough info to find him. I'm sure you know Clymer is a rural, small town and probably everyone there knows everyone else there.

Mar 19, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Thank you for both your answers- I tried the Zaba search before.. and yep came up with all the same results.. I personally don't know anyone who lives in Clymer- although now I may go trolling for someone in a chat room.. never know- maybe someday it will work -as for hiring a private investigator. While wanting to see him after twenty years is one of my major priorities - raising my kids comes first- money is a commodity I don't have to use on this- I came on here because I saw how many people were asking about their loved ones and getting answers thanks to such a large group of very caring people. Thank you very much for all your help.
    Becky
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 07:07 AM
    thank you for both your answers- i tried the Zaba search before.. and yep came up with all the same results.. I personally don't know anyone who lives in Clymer- although now i may go trolling for someone in a chat room.. never know- maybe someday it will work -as for hiring a private investigator. while wanting to see him after twenty years is one of my major priorities - raising my kids comes first- money is a commodity i don't have to use on this- i came on here because i saw how many people were asking about their loved ones and getting answers thanks to such a large group of very caring people. Thank you very much for all your help.
    becky

Here's what I found - if he is age 54 (not 50), if his wife is Sandra (not Susan), if he at one time was stationed at Hanscom AFB - he's in Philadelphia, Pa.

Before that he was in Tewksbury, Mass.

Is he your father?
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Mar 20, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Whitney, kenneth leroy (50)
    Garner, nc
    Clymer, ny
    Whitney, susan foriski (age 47)
    Father: samuel v. dividio
    Mother: maxine t. dividio

Birth date: 1958-10-09
    Gender code: male
    Race code: white
    Height (in inches): 66
    Weight (in lbs): 175
    Hair color code: brown
    Eye color code: brown
    Body build code: medium
    City where born: warren
    State where born: pennsylvania
    Ethnic code: european/n.am./austr

Does this information seem familiar?
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:27 AM
    I found that Whitney is the name of a very big family in Clymer. No Kenneth L but lots of Whitneys in general. You could probably make a few phone calls - I always find people might be suspicious but they are cooperative once they know why you are calling. And it's not like you'll be a surprise to him!

There is a Kenneth L in Jamestown which is pretty much a stone's throw away from Clymer.

Mar 20, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Gem_22205 you have him-- that's him thank you that is a little more info that I didn't have-- thank you very much! OK so now I have one more puzzle piece.. now to go try to locate his address in Clymer.. -- on on another thought --where did you find this info? I got to admit to see his weight was a little chuckle for me-66inches tall would make him.. 5 ft 6 inches tall! Wow only two inches taller than me!

Oh and for JudyKayTee- anytime I spend 5 years looking for him- he is surprised to say the least - the last time he saw me I was half my height now and a gawky not even pre-tween kid!

Thank you so much for all the help here!!
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Gem_22205 you have him-- that's him thank you that is a little more info that i didn't have-- thank you very much!! ok so now i have one more puzzle piece.. now to go try to locate his address in Clymer..-- on on another thought --where did you find this info? i got to admit to see his weight was a little chuckle for me-66inches tall would make him..5 ft 6 inches tall!! wow only two inches taller than me!

oh and for JudyKayTee- anytime i spend 5 years looking for him- he is surprised to say the least - the last time he saw me i was half my height now and a gawky not even pre-tween kid!

Thank you so much for all the help here!!!

I was speaking more in terms of fathers who don't know they have children and suddenly the children show up than the fact that he has been out of your life for so long.

I don't know what Gem has by means of an address. When I'm assigned something like this and come up "empty" I simply call one or two of the same name, explain why I am calling, ask if they are related - and usually get the info.

I'm also curious where "Gem" came up with the info - if you are licensed on most occasions you cannot provide the info without a letter from the client (or proposed client) stating the reason for the search and you cannot publish it on a message board. I can only address NYS and very possible "Gem" found this on line and does not have a confidential source. Just curious.

Mar 20, 2008, 07:01 PM
    I logged onto clymerny.com- looking to see if they have a bulletin board (my hometown does- I found my godparents that way) I'm starting to notice a lot of my family is unreachable!hehe must be a trend- judykaytee- thank you for the info- I am interested in how he got his info--
    On a side note - Dividio was Sue married name to her first husband not her maiden name-- that was FORISKI- Dividio is her first husbands last name.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 07:11 PM
    I think Jamestown, NY seems like a good place to look
    kenya d howze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 08:24 PM
    I'v been looking for my dad for 15yrs, my search was over last year when I found out he's been dead for the last 15yrs. I don't know what else to do.my sister said money may be owed to me,but how is that when I haven't seen him sense I was about 5yrs old & my mom wasn't married to him and I didn't have his last name.
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kenya d howze
    i'v been looking for my dad for 15yrs, my search was over last year when i found out he's been dead for the last 15yrs. i don't know what else to do.my sister said money may be owed to me,but how is that when i haven't seen him sense i was about 5yrs old & my mom wasn't married to him and i didn't have his last name.

This should be on a separate thread. It will get lost here.

When you say money may be owed to you I would think you are talking about some type of inheritance? If your Dad has been dead for 15 years and no one has contacted you by now I'm sure there is nothing left to distribute to you. If you know where he died you can always check the Court records there.

Was he your legal father, on the birth certificate, DNA testing, some sort of proof? Without that you don't have a legal claim.

Also - children are not automatically entitled to inherit.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Mar 21, 2008, 12:51 PM
    It is a pleasure to help people reunite with lost loved ones. I was told early on when I was a bit younger in college that I may not be the smartest in the class but I am great at researching information. I use a few easy steps in finding information...

1. Find out their habits. (ie) If they love dogs they probably applied for a license.
    2. Check vehicle infractions. (ie) Speeding, parking tickets etc.
    3. Any other court activities.
    4. Check the recorder of deeds in the last known area.
    5. Be patient. Just when you think the doors been closed another opens for you.

All of this information was found on line... I am no private detective nor do I have any confidential sources. Once again, It was a pleasure to assist you.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205
    It is a pleasure to help people reunite with lost loved ones. I was told early on when I was a bit younger in college that I may not be the smartest in the class but I am great at researching information. I use a few easy steps in finding information....

1. Find out their habits. (ie) If they love dogs they probably applied for a license.
    2. Check vehicle infractions. (ie) Speeding, parking tickets etc.
    3. Any other court activities.
    4. Check the recorder of deeds in the last known area.
    5. Be patient. Just when you think the doors been closed another opens for you.

All of this information was found on line.... I am no private detective nor do I have any confidential sources. Once again, It was a pleasure to assist you.

I do this for a living and I have never seen a public site which lists the info you posted. Never. You can obtain this info if you are licensed, of course, but what you have found without going to a private site really is amazing.

(I've never seen a dog license, Court - traffic or otherwise - deed give the names of the parents.)

Mar 23, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Yeah I got an address!! Yeah! Thank you to all who gave me ideas and leads.. thank you -- now I only have to figure out with lot he lives on ( there are 99! Lots and I just might write out 99 letters to find him -- thank you all so very much!
    shay-1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 05:14 PM
    I am looking for samuel e woods he been dead he is about 60 or 70 years of age he have a daughter named devilear woods and am looking for any kids or sibling of his at this time
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2011, 04:46 AM

Where? Country and/or State.

Samuel Woods is or is not dead?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dad died on new years day , I want Him Back [ 38 Answers ]

Hi, this is the first time I've ever felt like this and needed words of comfort from a forum but here goes. My dad aged 59 died 2 days ago at 7am on new years day after going into hospital for what we thought was a liver infection. He had felt tired and looked slightly jaundice for about 2 months...

Dad had custody for 12 years, now mom wants son and owes $40M in child support. [ 1 Answers ]

My x-wife gave up custody of my son to me 12 years ago by the time he was 1 1/2 years old. We married and divorced within a year. I have raised my son through very hard times without ANY help from her. I have 2 other children that I PAY CHILD SUPPORT and share custody. A child support order was...

Husband to adopt stepson,bio dad gone 11 years now [ 3 Answers ]

What are the abandonment laws and how does my husband adopt my son, the bio father has never been in his life, no contact whatsoever for the 11 years since he was born.

Missing my dad [ 2 Answers ]

My dad passed away about 6 years ago, many family members have said that they have felt him, dreamt about him, received signs from him. I have not, is there anything I can do to encourage contact, no one believes he has crossed over. Thanks for any ideas...

I'm 17 years old and I'm a mommy, my dad treats me like ! [ 6 Answers ]

:( Hi, well let me just tell you a little bitt about my dad, he's very hard headed and is closed minded! He is always talking all this mess about me under his breath or to my mom right in front of me! He says I'm lazy (which I'm not) I even help him do yard work! I do what I can to prove him wrong...

View more questions Search