Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragnlady5 Posts: 88, Reputation: 4

Mar 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Female dog Humping people
    Why does my female puppy hump people? I thought it was a male dog thing? My hubby sayd it is a control thing not a sex thing. How do I get her to stop?
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 18, 2008, 10:37 PM
    If it is an older puppy, she might be trying to assert some dominance. If she is still very young, it is more likely that she tried this a couple of times and got a big reaction from the people. (Puppies love drama) In either case, just walk away and ignore her when she starts this, making it clear that she is not going to get any reinforcement for the behavior.
    Work on teaching her to "sit" on command, and reward her for this--she can't hump and sit at the same time, so she should choose the behavior that gets the reward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The female dog is taking over [ 9 Answers ]

We have two german shepard dogs, the male is 7 yrs and the female is 1 year old. Since we have had her she is starting to get abit of a attitude on her. She has completely wreched her kennel, she bites the other dogs legs when he runs after the ball she seems to bark more then him at night time if...

What is better for my female dog. To breed her or not? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2.4 years old lab. I was going to breed her last time but it didn't work. One vet tells me the best thing for her is to have puppies once. Another vet told me she doesn't have to. I want to do what ever it is the best for her. What would be the best for her? Could you please advice me?...

Dog humping child [ 2 Answers ]

I have had Buster, 1/2 Schnauzer and 1/2 Scotty, since he was 5 weeks old. He actually belongs to my 8 year old daughter. I am 9 months pregnant and there is a lot of new and exciting things going on in preparation for our baby. Yesterday my daughter came in and told me that Buster was humping...

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

Spay a female dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anybody know a low or free spay/ neuter clinic? / in San Francisco CA. I have found one. The SF/SPCA, but it is overbooked. Thank you,

View more questions Search