Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nina24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Accounting 101
    What are top reasons for incorrect valuation of inventory?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Just saw this question from someone else the other day. I think this is one of those "book things" where it depends on what the author thinks are the "top reasons." It could have been miscounted. I've seen one company count inventory at the sales price instead of at cost. Could just be math errors in calculating it. I don't know what some book considers to be the "top" reasons and I think it would be more useful to try to find this in the text and see what the book has to say. (For instance, they could even divide "math errors" up into several categories and call them different reasons. It's always hard telling how something will be presented in a book.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting 101 [ 2 Answers ]

Chester Hunter, president of jackrabbit Enterprise, applied for a $250,000 loan from Belgrade National Bank. The bank requested financial statement from jackrabbit Enterprises as a basis for granting the loan. Chester has told his accountant to provider the bank with a balance sheet. Chester has...

Music 101 [ 8 Answers ]

Okay... I got me a question... if someone asked you to put down music for the eight primary emotions what would they be? Joy- I'm all right by Kenny Logins Anger- Angry Again by Megadeth Sadness- Indifference by Pearl Jam Fear-Hotel California by The Eagles... creepy creepy song

Accounting 101: A/R and Income accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi -- a very basic question about the accounts behind the scene in QuickBooks. When I receive a payment from a customer (we are a contracting business) and A/R gets credited (correct?) what account gets the debit? Is it Construction Income? If so, what is the balance sheet account that Income...

Accounting 101 [ 1 Answers ]

Why do we adjust Interest Payable?

View more questions Search