Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonydornelles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
    What's the point.
    What's the point of asking, or answering questions on "Ask Me"??
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 18, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Ask - to get an answer to something or help with a project.

Answer - to share knowledge and to help people get answers.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Why did you ask a question?

Did you ask to get an answer?

What was the point of asking the question?

Now... did you answer your own question?

... boggles your mind doesn't it?

Mar 18, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    why did you ask a question?

did you ask to get an answer?

what was the point of asking the question?

now...did you answer your own question?

...boggles your mind doesn't it?
    Ok, any time you ask or answer, try to remember your own advice!!

Mar 18, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    why did you ask a question?

did you ask to get an answer?

what was the point of asking the question?

now...did you answer your own question?

...boggles your mind doesn't it?
    Try to be intelligent!
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
    HMMM, for me, I asked my first question on Ask ME Help Desk to find others ideas on a particular subject, got the responses and thanked the folks.

Others answered and I thought I could do this also so I became an answerer to the petitioner's

KBC.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
    It's addicting ! :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 06:27 PM
    The chance of being discovered, get your own radio talk show, become world famous, get a movie contract, record a CD.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Because sometimes people need help or advice and you are able to give that help or advice.

Why are you asking this? Keep in mind, no one is forcing you to ask, and no one is forcing you to answer, it's up to you. You don't have to be mean about it, or insulting, either do or don't, we welcome any advice you might have to offer, if you don't want to offer it then we'll do fine without you, after all we've been doing fine so far.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonydornelles
    What's the point of asking, or answering questions on "Ask Me"???
    The point of asking? Well I think you can answer that yourself since you asked a question.

The point of answering? Because you want to help someone. Most of the regulars who answer questions here do so to "pay it forward" for the help they got from others. Others just because they can.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 20, 2008, 04:19 PM
    I agree with Fr_Chuck.Send all donations to box 1,behind the water pipes,zip code anyware.

:D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Because sometimes people need help or advice and you are able to give that help or advice.

Why are you asking this? Keep in mind, no one is forcing you to ask, and no one is forcing you to answer, it's up to you. You don't have to be mean about it, or insulting, either do or don't, we welcome any advice you might have to offer, if you don't want to offer it then we'll do fine without you, after all we've been doing fine so far.
    That's a interesting idea, people actuallly wanting help and others helping them, sounds too far out to work.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Thats a interesting idea, people actuallly wanting help and others helping them, sounds too far out to work.
    I agree Fr_chuck... that'll never take off :-)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
    What were we all thinking. Helping each other? Nah, you're right, probably won't work. My Bad.:)
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonydornelles
    What's the point of asking, or answering questions on "Ask Me"???
    People ask to find out the answer, sometimes it's easier to ask anonymously than to ask in person especially if you know that you will not like the answer, but you still ask sometimes just to hear someone else echo your thoughts, maybe hoping their answer would some how sound different.
    Some questions are professional ones which means they would cost you money you might not have, you need an answer so you would have to pay.
    It is also very interesting to find out other peoples opinions on various topics whether they be personal or events happening around the world it helps to broaden our minds and accept different peoples point of view from different perspectives.
    There are also many people who are housebound for one reason or another who need an outlet and this site is more than adequate for their question, answers and to make them many friends.

We are all originals which is fascinating in itself...
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Asking - Because I get honest, wise advice and answers and have learned so much.

Answering - Because - I have or may someday, be in these peoples shoes, and sometimes the fit is hurtful and tight, and we just try and ease the pain a little and give a little sense of direction.

Lastly, at least for me, in my heart, a whole lot of people have taken up residence and I now consider them my extended family.

I am so grateful for this site. And the thing is... the get me... and it's okay with them... that I am me.

:):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Point-to-point diagram [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know about the use of point-to-point diagrams in electrical/electronics engineering.

Point to point diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Please I want to know about electrical point to point diagram

What's the point? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I'm just posting this as a question, not a debate, I'm just wanting to hear peoples opinions on this. What's with gossip? What's with whispering? What's the point in it? There's three people in my school that when I walk by them they whisper witch, like it's supposed to hurt me or insult my...

How do I get the point across? She doesn't seem to get it! [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old guy (nearly 18) Senior in high school. I am strongly attracted to a 15 year old girl, a Sophomore in high school. It's not just a physical attraction, we like the same type of music, we are both reserved or shy, and enjoy writing. One of my close friends tried to get to know her...

What's the point? [ 15 Answers ]

I believe in God. But, I am not too sure what the point is to life? We're down here in this cesspool of a life and we are expected to live and work our butts off for what?! To me, life seems like a cruel joke. It really feels like God is using the world as a giant ant farm. We're doomed to...

View more questions Search