Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Did I say I was going to go?
    Sheesh I forgot... they got quiet and sweet...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 04:44 PM
    How did you manage quiet and sweet. Mine are hungry and angry. Mom, were's the food!
    I better go feed them, otherwise they might set their sites on one of the bunnies.:eek:

Oh, did I mention, I love bunnies, can't get enough bunnies, bunnies make me happy.:)

Type at you all later. I'll go dust of the accordion, maybe we can have a concert.;)
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
    For those of you that don't know, I'm Scottgem's daughter. I've been watching him on here for what seems like forever, and I have to say, I can definitely understand why he gets along with you all so well! You all get me laughing whenever I read.

By the way, you do NOT want to hear him sing!!

Let's see, my giggle story...

All right, I don't know if Dad has posted this anywhere but I used to be the family navigator, before he got the GPS (he's such a tech freak lol). I must have been somewhere around 10 years old and we were going on vacation and I was in the backseat. There was a fork in the road and we had to take the road on the right. I was pointing in that direction and saying "That way, that way!" He started to go left and finally I yelled "Go right!" He was screaming at me and I said "If I wanted you to go left, I would have said 'This way!'" My mom could not stop laughing and I have not lived that one down. In fact, sometimes we still use "This way" and "That way" to determine direction!
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Blondieshika05 - Scotts daughter, hmm. :D

Girls, do you realize that we have a unique opportunity to get the dirt on Scott Gem, this should not be passed up. Girls unite!:D

Blondie, you have to dish, that's what girls do, we won't tell your Dad, really, you can trust us. :cool:

Tell her girls!

Just kidding, we all love your Dad, he's a tell it like it is big ole softie. Love the story about the directions, I had a similar situation with my husband. I had to put the letter L and R on his shoes so that he could distinguish between left and right, funny thing, he put the shoes on the wrong feet. I married him because he's sweet, I never said he was bright.:D
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I like to buy pretty underthings

It doesn't need to be naughty or sexy---just pretty and feminine.
    I'm the opposite - I love ugly underwear! :D Not like granny panties, but the Victorias Secret PINK collection has some brightly colored striped and patterned undies, and I just love them. My favorite pair are dark purple with silver sparkly dog-and-crossbones (like skull and crossbones, but the PINK dog where the skull goes). I recently bought some when I was with my mom, I think she was embarrassed I was buying such tacky undies! I almost always wear thongs, so hubby looks past the fact that my undies are sinfully ugly!

I also like ugly sleep pants; stripes, polka dots, plaid... the pair I'm wearing now are white fleece with pink, purple and green stripes and big ol' snowflakes. Ugly, ugly, ugly, but I can't get enough of them! :p

The rest of my clothes aren't ugly, I swear! Just my undies and lounge pants!

And blondie, your story reminds me of my brother - he was reading the map on a family trip once... his directions? "Go straight and then up" :D He still hasn't lived it down... and it's been probably 20 years!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Ooooh! I love ugly sleep pants too! Mine right now are faded-to-gray flannel with (I think) cows on them.

But underneath, there's the white silk with pastel butterflies undies.

(uh oh--Synn's been at the wine... watch out!)
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:48 PM
    I love Synnen mixed with wine, it's funny Synnen time.

Watch out Synnen, I drank a beer yesterday and totally inserted foot in mouth. I hate that, I'm trying so hard to be good.

Okay, since this is supposed to be confession time, and you all are confessing what you wear to bed, I'll confess as well. Nothing but a smile. Boy I hope I never have to leave the house in a hurry, in the middle of the night, the neighbors will get a big surprise, my little white butt. (little, hee, hee, who am I kidding?)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:07 PM
    I'll confess with you Altenweg - nothing beats sleeping in the buff! My ugly pants are strictly for parading around the house. Until, that is, we move and don't have neighbors!

I had one pair of ugly pants for so long the fuzzy flannel had worn off and there was a gigantic hole that went about 1/3 of the way down my leg. Hubby made fun of me so much I finally got rid of them. I still miss those pants, and that was years ago!
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Just remember one thing. Never fry bacon in the nude. Been there, done that, have the scar to prove it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Nice to meet you Blondie!
    Alty, I would have never known.
    Jillian, Nice, I like ugly too, but pretty...
    Synn, one more glass, just have one more glass...
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiechika05
    For those of you that don't know, I'm Scottgem's daughter. I've been watching him on here for what seems like forever, and I have to say, I can definitely understand why he gets along with you all so well! You all get me laughing whenever I read.

By the way, you do NOT want to hear him sing!!!

Let's see, my giggle story...

All right, I don't know if Dad has posted this anywhere but I used to be the family navigator, before he got the GPS (he's such a tech freak lol). I must have been somewhere around 10 years old and we were going on vacation and I was in the backseat. There was a fork in the road and we had to take the road on the right. I was pointing in that direction and saying "That way, that way!" He started to go left and finally I yelled "Go right!" He was screaming at me and I said "If I wanted you to go left, I would have said 'This way!'" My mom could not stop laughing and I have not lived that one down. In fact, sometimes we still use "This way" and "That way" to determine direction!
    Hehehehehehe You my girl deserve a medal for having him as a dad ;)
    Ive heard all about you a very proud dad indeed and rightly so even if your navigation skills have a lot to be desired.
    I have to say if we are going anywhere and ben needs a map I make him read amd check it over and over before we go because I am totally crap at telling him where to go unless its in a mean sense of course hehehhehe
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 05:08 AM
    Okay, here's mine - ( no kidding there are so many ) may need another thread, but GREAT idea CBW

Okay - They say I am the blondest red head anyone has ever met. ( Sorry blondies - no slight on all of you ).

Well I a married a very dear and micheavous man. With a higher content of micheavous.
    I on the other hand, never really had much luck at raffles or drawings or winning anything.
    I stink at trivia and I get excited to the hills, if by chance I may know something.

So one lovely day, several years ago, my darling dashing, loving but heavy on the micheavous decideds to gather our whole group together (hubby and I worked together for 19 years - friends, then marriage), so he was telling us of this wonderful company, that
    is giving away child videos to anyone who can guess the next line of the nursery rhyme receipted by the company represtentative when they answer the phone.

Well I immedialtey thought of my "dalring" nephews and thought, would it be great if I won them a video. This was back when videos were not as popular.

Mr. Allheart, said, when he called, he got a real tough one. There had to be 10 to 15 people gathered around. And dingy me, says... oooooh oooooh Please give me the number, let me try, I just want to try and see. You never know. I know some nursrey rhymes, and maybe I will get lucky...

So...

The Darling Mr. Allheart obliges my request and gives me the number... my fingers couldn't dial fast enough... my heart was racing... I was scared... yet excited... and then.. the company answered...

"Hello, Jack and Jill

Holy crap!! I got this one in the bag. I almost wanted to cry... I tried so hard to get the words out... as fast as I could... and I did...

I excitedly and proudly responded... " Went up the hill to catch a pail of water"... Oh Me Oh my... what did I win I asked the lady... I holllered to the others I won I won... Allthough Mr. Allheart was doubled over in laughter... ()))*&^%^)(_(&)

The very nice and understanding lady said, "Sweetheart, I think someone is playing a joke on you, this is the Jack and Jill Ice cream company and today is April 1st. I'm sorry sweetheart".

She was such a nice lady.

I hung that phone up so fast... and chased Mr. Allheart all the way down the hall. I can still hear the roar of laughter from everyone.

He has not changed one bit since then, slowed down a little, but still very mischeous.

What a mean soul he is :). You would all love him and he tells that story at least 4 times a year.

So, I didn't get win a prize, but, I am much more careful every time April 1st rolls around.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 05:28 AM
    LMFAO oh my Ah anyone ever told you to look guilable up oh how I love you I have tears rolling down my face where I'm giggling so much only you hunn only you...
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 05:40 AM
    LMAO - I just hollered up the steps... I hate you Mr. All heart.

Oh there are more. I promise to compile them all together and share them. ( I LMAO right with him) Ya think he would get bored... but he just comes up with more.

Hugs my bestest friend, thanks for being you and always being there.

Xo.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:05 AM
    This will make you laugh...

Postmans just been gave me a package it was addressed to me... now bare in mind my neighbour said to me laura I'm having a package sent to you for lisa should be with you Monday and today's Wednesday and I'm expecting a ton of stuff.
    So I open it and it's a pair or wrist restraints you know the sexual kind no note nothing I'm thinking who the F~~K is sending me this kind of crap.
    I ask ben not me honest I start feeling somewhat freaked out lol like hell who the frig has my address to be sending this kind of stuff.
    I'm sat here with this tiny delivery slip in my hand and there's a mobile number on it so I scroll through my numbers in my phone and its my neighbours the blinking relief is massive I've just sent him a text saying ah ha guess what I've got ;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 19, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Busted!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:28 AM
    I know honestly Scott I was thinking oh god I've got myself a stalker giggle
    blondiechika05 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Wow I didn't think I'd get THAT kind of reaction lol. Dad may be a "softie" on here but trust me you don't want to live with him hahaha. I don't know about dishing dirt though... then again he has embarrassed me enough in public... :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Softy are you kidding he has a reputation here trust me lol
    Have you got any pictures of him wearing micky mouse ears ;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Allheart!! Too funny!

My parents took my friend and I (age 15) out to Homer Alaska, we always took the boat and went halibut fishing. We were in a little soft flowing nook called Halibut Cove. Hundreds of sealions laying on the rocks, just like you see on the Discovery Channel, or Animal Planet. It was an amazing site. We had a little life life raft and my friend and I wanted to get a closer look at the wild life, so we asked my dad and he said sure, it's nice and calm out here... go ahead girls and here take the video camera with you! WELL
    My grandparents came along with us so they all were having a great time, talking and hanging out on the "BIG" boat, while my friend and I were on the "little" teeny tiny teeniest ever boat... Her and I were so amazed at how big these things really are, I mean pretty much as big as our little itty bitty boat. So we were video taping all the life and wonder when all of a sudden, we hear this gun shot, this loud loud gun shot... all hell broke loose, every single one of those see lions flapped and flipped their way off the rocks into the water, right where we were video taping, I saw mouths, I heard sound, I saw big heavy bodies that could crush me with a flip of a fin... LOL all I could do is start cursing as loud as I could and my friend right along with me, I still have the video camera in hand, turned on, I am so surprised I didn't pee my pants, we rowed and rowed till we couldn't row anymore... we got to the "big" boat, and they were all laughing, I mean we could have died out there...
    I guess my grandpa caught the biggest halibut of the day and my dad had to shoot it to get it in the boat, my dad also took a sliver of skin from my grandpas leg, some how his leg was in the line of fire! LMAO OK, I am done...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confession! I did something really stupid. [ 3 Answers ]

Im not sure if this really goes here or not, but I'm putting it here anyway. I've noticed some posts that revolve around writing a mock letter to your ex so as not to break the no contact rule, well... In light of today's events, I decided that I was going to put one up for confessions; the stupid...

Is he still interested? What does "lets give it some time" really mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for only a couple of months. The relationship moved rather quickly. The feelings were pretty intense on both sides. However, he found out that I was not honest with him regarding an online dating service that I currently had. I did have an active profile but I was not...

Confession and forgiveness [ 5 Answers ]

What one should do if he cannot remember when was his last confession? Does one need to worry when he cannot tell exactly when and how many times he has sinned? If one keeps on falling to the same sin again which he has confessed already many times, is he still have the chance of forgiveness?

Confession [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Emphasis is often placed on obtaining a confession, or at least an admission, from a suspect in a criminal inquiry. Under what conditions is a confession of greatest value? Of no value?

Confession [ 7 Answers ]

I was brought up Catholic. With the confession box. I was forced to go to confession growing up as a kid and felt bad going in there even though the only thing that I confessed was sometimes I did not listen to my parents. What else did I need to confess. Now that I am older it seems to me that...

View more questions Search