Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
    HAHAHAHA! Nice Scott, I love ot hear of anyone singing. I wish I could get up the gumption to go and do karaoke, I have always wanted to but really it isn't in me. Oh that video would be a priceless keepsake! Great memeories.
    When I was 15 my parents and I were in Florida to do the whole comedy night at Disney World, for some odd reason I wanted to sing the "love Shack, they make a video and you can get a copy, (which my dad hasn't handed over so I could stomp on it then burn it) anyway, it was real bad these three adults in their twenties maybe, let me do it with them. Holding the guitar with my then hot mama dress on I thought I was cool, but ohhhh NOOOOOO, I wasn't! I am so embarrassed just thinking about it... WOW, I want that tape!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    HAHAHAHA! Nice Scott, I love ot hear of anyone singing.
    That's the bane of my existence. I LOVE to sing, but often cannot carry a tune. My wife and daughter refuse to watch musicals with me. When I drive them anywhere they use headphoines to tune me out.

I love karaoke because everyone makes a fool of themselves so I don't stick out too much. I do a pretty mean If I were a Rich Man (from Fiddler) though. Very Zero Mostel.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I like to buy pretty underthings

It doesn't need to be naughty or sexy---just pretty and feminine.
    Do I smell modeling video <EG>
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:31 PM
    My fave song is Match Maker Match Maker.
    At my work I sing it out loud and fierce... with all my heart while I make our famous Macaroni salad... I sing
    Mac maker Mac maker make me some MAC... LMAO the college kids I work with have no idea of the real song, but they like the Startover version still!
    Uhhhhhh, and I am not sure aobut the Synnen pretty girl video, I would love to hear an answer! :o

EDIT:::::
    AND when a man orders extra mac, I call him the Mac Daddy... LOL just another funny thing about me, I sometimes embarrass people in the wrong way but mean it very much so in a sweet funny way!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Well I didn't say I looked GOOD in said pretty things.

I just like to wear them.

It's just nice when I'm all business on the outside at work to have the secret that I'm all feminine underneath.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I am SO with you Synn! And its an addiction of mine as well. We just got a new Victoria Secret 5 miles from my apt... BAAAAD for my wallet!

Karaoke? My one embarrassing karaoke experience was doing Thriller with a bunch of Chinese students... wow...

One cool thing... I was kissed on the Great Wall of China. :) That's a sweet memory.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 01:25 PM
    My word Scott your on form today ;) so you like to be a clown and love to sing come on what else??

The most you will get me singing is a children's rhyme its better that way honestly id get committed otherwise although try stopping me bopping around the kitchen singing into the wooden spoon to westlife hehehehehe Millie thinks that's hysterical to watch too.

Syn my darling you would look good in a bin bag me and start would both vouch for that one :)
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    You're just trying to make me blush!

Here's one that isn't exactly a secret--I collect icicles. I have almost 500 now, and can't get them all on a Christmas tree anymore. I have to hang them from windows and ceilings. And lamps and such.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Like glass ones or what Synn? I know you are a wonderful and beautiful Christmas junkie, but explain the icicles please? I could look around here for some if you would like? LOL
    I could see how Millie would love you for that CBW, the kids are the best at understanding that kind a stuff!
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Yes, glass icicles.

I have a LOT of the plain ones that come in sets, so now I'm getting to the point where I'm picky. I have all shapes and colors and sizes, from 2 inches long to 24 inches long. The rule with them is that they have to be longer than they are wide, and they have to be metal or glass (no plastic! ---that just gets tacky!).

These days I find the really neat ones at antique stores and flea markets :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Ohhhh, I am a flea market, antique store junkie... I will see what I can do LOL
    K, thanks for telling me, I wonder about EBAY say it quietly CBW really likes to spend money there...
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 03:15 PM
    I've found some great ones on Ebay as well---I bid one time up to $200 on a small box of them, and then lost because the other person bidding outbid me at the last second.

You have to be careful about Icicles online, though---in the 40s and 50s, there was a brand of tinsel called "icicles"... and that's what you turn up most of the time looking online.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 03:25 PM
    LOL! I was thinking, "Ummm Synn, dear, don't they MELT???"

Wow... HC needs some more coffee...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Hee, hee, I was thinking, gee, Synn must have a huge freezer. I need more coffee too.

I'd love to hear Scott sing. I'll accompany you on my accordion Scott. How about it?
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Hee, hee, I was thinking, gee, Synn must have a huge freezer. I need more coffee too.

I'd love to hear Scott sing. I'll accompany you on my accordion Scott. How about it?

Now that would be cool! :D
    Ok... lots a coffee, a twenty minute shut yer eyes and rest, I am feeling fine! :D
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Cool, you really think so? Cool is probably not the word you'll use if it ever happens. 37 year old playing an accordion is so not cool, Ever, Really!
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 04:05 PM
    I have to disagree, it may be kind of odd, cause it just is, but it is for sure COOL!! I thinnk it is cool, and now when I do my beat boxing you can help me out... LOL
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
    I'll be there babe. Anytime, anywhere, can I wear a disguise?
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 04:10 PM
    No farkin way, you got to be you! LOL
    All right, I got to see about some really cute kids behind me... :)
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Ya, me too, they want dinner or some such thing. Jeez, how often do you have to feed these things anyway?:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confession! I did something really stupid. [ 3 Answers ]

Im not sure if this really goes here or not, but I'm putting it here anyway. I've noticed some posts that revolve around writing a mock letter to your ex so as not to break the no contact rule, well... In light of today's events, I decided that I was going to put one up for confessions; the stupid...

Is he still interested? What does "lets give it some time" really mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for only a couple of months. The relationship moved rather quickly. The feelings were pretty intense on both sides. However, he found out that I was not honest with him regarding an online dating service that I currently had. I did have an active profile but I was not...

Confession and forgiveness [ 5 Answers ]

What one should do if he cannot remember when was his last confession? Does one need to worry when he cannot tell exactly when and how many times he has sinned? If one keeps on falling to the same sin again which he has confessed already many times, is he still have the chance of forgiveness?

Confession [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Emphasis is often placed on obtaining a confession, or at least an admission, from a suspect in a criminal inquiry. Under what conditions is a confession of greatest value? Of no value?

Confession [ 7 Answers ]

I was brought up Catholic. With the confession box. I was forced to go to confession growing up as a kid and felt bad going in there even though the only thing that I confessed was sometimes I did not listen to my parents. What else did I need to confess. Now that I am older it seems to me that...

View more questions Search