Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigger38nh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2004, 09:11 PM
    Change of custody
    I am getting married to a man who has a 8 year old son. We have been together since he was an infant since the mother divorced him right after the baby was born. For years we have wanted custody and she always says yes and then changes her mind. We had pretty much given up until recently. She has a new boyfriend of 5 months and is not 3 months pregnant and has told us she can not handle their son anymore and wants us to take him (thank God). I am very concerned that this is done leagally because she is on welfare in mass and we live in New Hampshire now. I am afraid that she will use us as a babysitter for the summer and then say she changed her mind after her baby is born without doing it leagally. The problem is where to start. They were divorced in Mass and she still lives there. We now live in NH and want to start the process and have no idea how to proceed. Do we go to the courts where we live or where she lives. Since they seem to agree on this (for now), can we just file with the court and have a judge make it legal? We don't want child support from her as we are much more financially secure than she is but I heard that is not up to us-that the judge might still order her to pay us-we are afraid she might change her mind when she hears this. We just need help on how to start this process

Thanks

Paula and Peter (soon to be married in Hawaii) ::)
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2004, 03:16 PM
    Change of custody
    Matters of child custody require expert legal opinion.
    I am referring you to a website which has legally qualified people and provides free legal advice

Please go to:

www.freeadvice.com
    singlelady123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2005, 02:58 PM
    I just recently gave my ex-husband physical custody of my teenage boys. If you get any information on what rights I still have as a mother please let me know. The father is over $20,000.00 behind in back child support and I was just wondering if he can make me pay current support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regaining custody [ 7 Answers ]

My ex done a lot of underhanded things over 3 yrs. Ago and he has custody of my two boys. I have been paying child support. They want to stay with me, he is a drug abuser among other things. He hacked into my email to delete some nasty emails he sent me. I printed them out before he deleted...

Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and for the past 4 years I've been wanting to live 100% of the time with my mom instead of 50/50. My dad is addicted to marijuana and alcohol and he is threatening me to go to military school or to move. Is there a way I can live with my mom?

Custody [ 2 Answers ]

Custody question -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have had custody of my son for 7 years now (he is 17 now) For the last three we have lived in Florida The judge in Pennsylvania granted the relocation against my ex's wishes The question...

PA. Custody? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights. To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. And there are a whole bunch of other reasons I am looking into the possibility of a divorce. I am a full time sahm. To our 17 mo. Old son. And I would want AT LEAST...

View more questions Search