Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Swore I wouldn't do this.
    Ok, so I pretty much promised myself I wouldn't make a topic like this but I am confused... So I have met a new girl, extremely cool. But naturally from my past relationship I'm nervous if I am good enough and also if she's interested. We do work together(although she is quitting this week) and I was in there last night talking to her. We were supposed to go out 2 Fridays ago but she had to cancel due to a volleyball tourney, so I was naturally bummed but didn't let it slow me down. So now we are texting each other a lot lately, but I'm still curious how I can tell if she's into me. She does joke around with me, sends me pretty pointless texts like "I'm starving" when she's at work or something... Ladies, how can I tell if she's into me, and I feel like such a tool for making this topic ha ha

But on the bright side, I am glad to see I am starting to move on and have feelings for someone new:-) so that is a HUGE step in my book...
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Let's give this our best shot: Doc Love
    Enjoy.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 18, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Well, the fact that she is sending pointless texts might be an indicator. Just take things really slow because you don't know if she hacks up bodies on the weekend and whatnot. Or maybe, just maybe, she has a dislike for One Tree Hill!! Eeegad!! At any rate, the answer will reveal itself in due time. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Ha ha, honestly... She LOVES One Tree Hill.. Which was a HUGE plus lol... Also forgot to add she has told me I was "hot" ha ha... I feel awkward saying that, but felt it might be best to toss onto the forum as maybe it will aid
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
    One question... does she like Gilmore? Cause that's a HUGE indicator... ;)

I'm liking MA's answer. She's showing interest, yes, because she's texting randomly. Sometimes I'll try and think of something to text - and all I come up with is "i'm starving!" or "work sucks!"
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Yea, she was texting me how boring work was and how no one was there... Since I was around the corner buying a hockey stick I felt I would drop in and say "Hi" and we ended up talking for over an hour lol... She has told her Best friend about me and I know that because she requested me as a friend on Facebook

Mar 18, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Ha ha, honestly...She LOVES One Tree Hill..Which was a HUGE plus lol...Also forgot to add she has told me I was "hot" ha ha...I feel awkward saying that, but felt it might be best to toss onto the forum as maybe it will aid
    She loves OTH!! She's good so far in my book... and like HC mentioned, does she like Gilmore Girls? Because the truly cool chicks are into that show. But yeah... sometimes you just kind of look for something to say to someone you like, and all you can come up with is "Mmmm tacos are good." Or something equally pointless. It's cool you guys talked for a while... and she said you were hot? Yep, I think she's into you. Take your time and have loads of fun!

P.S. And remember, no glove no love. We don't need your next post to be titled something along the lines of "Imma Baby Daddy" ;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:38 AM
    LOL! Wow, MA... you covered all the bases in that last post... umm... quite literally! :)

Yeah, if she's into GG, she's a keeper!
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:40 AM
    I will have to ask if she is into Gilmore Girls, and she did ask me if I was still up for that date.. So we are supposed to go to dinner on Saturday.. I guess since she had to cancel once, I'm a little weary about it you know?

And you know I'm going to be wearing a glove if things reach that point in time ha ha... NO WAY! You guys would see me on Maury! " You are NOT the father"

Mar 18, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    LOL! Wow, MA... you covered all the bases in that last post... umm... quite literally! :)

Yeah, if she's into GG, she's a keeper!
    Lol... I blame it on ZERO sleep and one too many margaritas.

Mar 18, 2008, 09:43 AM
    I will have to ask if she is into Gilmore Girls, and she did ask me if I was still up for that date..So we are supposed to go to dinner on Saturday..I guess since she had to cancel once, I'm a little weary about it ya know?

And you know I'm going to be wearing a glove if things reach that point in time ha ha...NO WAY! You guys would see me on Maury! " You are NOT the father"
    Yeah, hopefully she doesn't flake out. If she was smart she wouldn't!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaangel180
    Yeah, hopefully she doesn't flake out. If she was smart she wouldn't!!!

Awl thanks, I hope she doesn't flake out either. She is into sports, which is a huge plus for me :-)

Mar 18, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Awl thanks, I hope she doesn't flake out either. She is into sports, which is a huge plus for me :-)
    Is she an Avalanche fan?
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Hockey! Hockey! Hockey! :D Who wouldn't love hockey?
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Mar 18, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Hey Rome! I'm really glad to see that we are finally meeting on good terms! Lol

From what you say she definitely sounds like she is interested. Furthermore, just like everyone else said, take things slow. There is no hurry so don't make her a priority. Have fun and if she flakes out than brush the dust off your shoulder and strut your way to the next girl.

Remember, the dating phase of a relationship is a lot of times the most exciting. Your wondering if she likes you, she is doing the same, you think hard about where to take her, you get those little nervous butterflies in your stomach, and if things are going well you get this amazing and indescribable connection between the two of you. Yeah, make sure you enjoy it all.

Oh and one last thing. If you REALLY like her, avoid sex early on. Make the lady work for it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Oh yea, thanks for all the advice guys! I agree Confused, about time we can speak on this positively ha ha. She doesn't have a favorite hockey team, so maybe I can migrate her to the Avs side of things :-)... Yea, I always get nervous when the dating phase first happens, always worried about what to say, where to take them, etc...

Yea, if I like her, no way is sex going to happen early, not my style... Things should get very interesting
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Since your texting that's a plus, but take her coffee, or a sandwich, and ask for her phone number, in person. That will tell you a lot. If she is not willing to take the communications to that level, back off.

Disclaimer-I only assume people still use them in this century.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Mar 18, 2008, 02:56 PM
    She does joke around with me, sends me pretty pointless texts like "I'm starving" when she's at work or something...Ladies, how can I tell if she's into me

The next time she sends a text like "im starving" reply with, "me too . . meet me at XXXX tonight at 6, my treat, but I can't stay long after we eat"

That what we call a buying signal.
    justanother Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 02:57 PM
    For me, when I'm looking for someone its hard, but when I'm not, things flow to me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Just a quick update... We haven't talked since like last afternoon, so when I got off work, I finally decide to sign online and her away message is Mike<3... (btw, I'm not Mike ha ha) Now she has told me lately that he is just a really good friend, so I just let it go but keeping it in the back of my mind. I decided to break the communication gap and sent her a text this morning saying "Hey you" so we shall see how that goes. If no response think I should pull a Napoleon Dynamite and "break the wrist, walk away"?

This whole dating scene sucks, anyone else miss 3rd grade when you would pass a note to the person in class... Do you want to be my girlfriend. Check Yes or No?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search