Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2008, 06:35 AM
    When will docs check for dialation?
    When I go back to the docs I will be almost 32 weeks I will be 31 and 6 days will they check to see if I am dialated ? And if not when do they usually start doing that?? :confused:
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 18, 2008, 07:08 AM
    My doc did not start checking to see if I was dilated until I was about 36 weeks. But all doctors are different. Just so you know, I was 1.5 cm at 36 weeks, and the same at 37 weeks, even though you may begin to dilate, that doesn't mean that you will go into labor soon, and if you are anything like me by 34 weeks I was wishing for the baby to come out ASAP. I ended up having a c-section at 38 weeks, and I was still only 1.5 cm dilated :) Good luck!
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Thank you yeah I know with my first son at 34 weeks it was 2 cm dialted but they are supposed to take the baby at 36 weeks so I was wondering when they will start checking to see if I am dialted
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 18, 2008, 01:37 PM
    My doctor didn't check me until I was 38 weeks almost 39 weeks. She only checked me then because I asked her to. I was beginning to feel pressure and was hoping it was because the baby had dropped. When she checked me I was 3cm dilated then 2 days after being checked I went into labor.
    Ask your doctor when you go into your appointment. Sometimes they don't want to check you too early because it can cause you to dilate even more is what my doctor told me. Your doctor might want to wait until at least 36 or 37 weeks when the baby is considered full term unless you have had previous pregnancies when you when into labor early.
    28-mama2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Most start checking around 36 weeks, give or take a week. If you feel like you are feeling pressure or just feel like you need to be checked, you can always ask and they will usually check you.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Mar 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
    I was checked every week about a month before I was due.
    nicoleruss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 09:26 AM
    I am 39 weeks and went and seen my doctor today and he wouldn't check me... he said maybe next week even though I have been getting a lot of pressure since I was 36 weeks... I am pregnant with my fourth child and my other doctor started checking me when I was 36 weeks with my other pregnancies...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supporting docs for form 1116 while tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to NJ,US on May,2007 on H1 and my wife joined on Nov,2007 on H4. Since then we are staying in NJ only. After looking into other answers about filing returns, I think I am eligible for Resident Alien And filing for married joint return. However, since I have foreign income for the...

Internal error message opening hotmail docs [ 1 Answers ]

Documents unable to open due to "documents could not be scanned for viruses due to internal error" message. Is there a fix for this?

When does the docs usually do ultrasound? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my friend is pregnant and she was wanting to know the sex of the baby but she had a ultrasound done at six weeks to see how far along she is and she don't know if the doc is doing another one do they usually do a ultrasound later on or no

How do we protect ourselves from over charging docs? [ 2 Answers ]

Went to doc cancer test, uterine. My test took all of 15 min. I had to pay separately for machine rental. I was charged $4,100.00 for this service. I had no insurance and my doc knew it. My daughter had a uterine aplason done by same doc and her bill was less. Am I wrong or am I being over...

DOCS Don't hear us... what's wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

I will try to make this as short as possible. I need help here. BIGTIME. I have 3 kids one of which I have been concerned about for a very long time now. He's one month shy of 15. Since birth he was tough. Crying continually, nothing soothed him except the running of a vacuum, this went on...

View more questions Search