Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Alcohol consumption
    I drink wine only occasionally with a meal and haven't asked myself this question before as it hasn't been necessary ~ so could someone let me know if you would have a problem if you drank between two to three glasses of (good quality :) ) wine everyday and never allowed yourself to ever get drunk? What if you couldn't go for more than a day every month or so without a drink?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 09:15 PM
    A problem if you drank 2 - 3 glasses of wine everyday.. I don't see why it'd be a terribly bad thing... as long as they're not super-gulp glasses.

As far as the whole "can't go for more than a day"... that's a sign of alcoholism.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 09:22 PM
    So if not being able to go without a drink for more than a day is a sign of alcoholism, how serious would it be? What sort of symptoms would you look for.

Thanks for your advice, by the way.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 09:25 PM
    WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF ALCOHOLISM

Alcoholism Signs Self-Test
    cheryls2006 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Unless you have medical propblems diagnosed by your doctor that would be associated with alcoholism, only you can determine if your drinking has become a problem for you. I would ask myself why am I drinking and go from there. The self test is a good guide to your answer.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 04:08 AM
    Thanks.

My friend answered all the questions in the self-test and was glad to be reminded not to take his drinking for granted, as he knows that alcoholism is an addiction that can creep up on you. When we did the survey together, he mentioned he had been a little concerned of late since he had not had an alcohol free day for a couple of months, so was glad to be given a bit of a nudge.

He enjoys and appreciates good wine and it helps him to relax. As he likes to be in control, having a few drinks sometimes gives him the feeling of being able to let go of a few self-imposed constraints.

Although he can't bear to be drunk (I've never seen him drunk) or around anyone who can't control their drinking, he will occasionally drink a bottle of wine on his own in an evening and has at least two glasses everyday. Sometimes he has an 'alcohol free' day, but would find it too restricting to go for a month without a drink.

Doing the survey with him has made me more aware of the dangers of alcohol if it starts to take over your life and you're not aware it's happened. However, I have left it up to him to follow through should he ever be concerned he may have a drinking problem. I feel I've done as much as I need to, in other words, and he is intelligent and mature enough to know how to look after himself.

He may prefer the attitude of the French towards wine, I think :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage Consumption [ 1 Answers ]

The other night me and my boyfriend went over to a friends place. I am 19yrs old and he is 21, one of the guys living there was stupid and walk right outside his house and stole a street sign but not just the sign they stop sign street and everything! Well someone saw him do this and called the...

Underage consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is on probation for underage consumption in Minnesota and just got another one in Wisconsin. What will happen to her

Underage alcohol consumption [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a juvenile in miami county in Ohio only 14,girl got a underage alcohlol consumption what are the charges in the juvenile court system for a underage alcohol consumption.

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

MIP/Consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My 19-year old son has received a summons to appear in court for MIP/Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. We have never been to court for anything. I will accompany him. What should we expect? Are there questions we should ask? Will he have a "record?" I'd appreciate any help you can give us. ...

View more questions Search