Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyhazelnut Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 07:26 PM
    What type of information do landlords obtain for credit checks?
    I was just wondering what types of information a landlord may obtain about a perspective tenant and how it used against you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Well it is not "used" against you, and it is not "used" for you, it is merely used to decide if they wish to rent to you or not.
    They will see all of your debts, and how you pay for each of them, also your last known employer is often listed.

You should run one for yourself.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyhazelnut
    I was just wondering what types of information a landlord may obtain about a perspective tenant and how it used against you?

I have also been asked to run criminal checks on prospective tenants as part of the background checks.

I own rental property - I don't use the information "against" the prospective tenant. I use it to help me determine the good tenants... and the bad tenants.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2008, 07:32 AM
    The landlord may obtain ANY information that is part of the public record. That information is used to determine if the person is a good risk as a tenant. Specifically, a landlord would want to know whether the prospective tenant pays his bills on time, was ever evicted from a previous home, has a criminal record etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit bureaux information [ 9 Answers ]

Help I really need help I am 22 yrs old and can't get credit anywhere I don't have bad credit but no one will give me a chance. I pulled my report last year and all three had no information on me, no address, no employment. How can I get this updated so I look like a someone to them? Also I...

I need information on how to obtain a divorce [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know what can you do if you're trying to obtain a divorce and the Wife has left the country with no way of contacting her knowing divorce is wanted? Thanks

Credit card balance transfer checks [ 1 Answers ]

Balance tranfer checks that bounce to pay a loan or extension of credt is that a civil or a c Crminial matter

What information are previous landlords allowed to give out [ 5 Answers ]

Are they allowed to ask about complaints? Or pets? Or are they only allowed to verify length of residence and all that?

View more questions Search