Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tizzy99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Pontiac Grand Am turns over but want start.
    I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand am went to start it. It started then shut off now won't start just turns over and won't fire. All codes checked out good don't know what to do next please help.
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Well go to the shop try brake-0 they will fix it trust me , or just go to your nearest dealership.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzy99
    I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand am went to start it. it started then shut off now wont start just turns over and wont fire. All codes checked out good dont know what to do next please help.
    Likely, if it was an ignition failure, you would have some type of code. Check for (listen for) fuel prime during key-on. If you hear the fuel pump whine during this initial key-on, you know the pump can at least function. But you need to know if fuel is present at the engine. You should also check for spark at the spark plug boots.
    Let us know what you find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 pontiac grand am 2.4 liter won't start [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2001 pontiac grand am 4 2.4 liter. I drove it home tonight (about 60 mile drive) and shut it off. Came back out about an hour later and drove it across town and shut it off again. It sat for about 2-3 hours. When I came back out to return home it would crank but not start. Cheacked...

Pontiac grand am dying out again [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 96 Pontiac grand am that is giving us fits. It dies out at the end of the street (stop sign) Can start up again, but have to keep driving. We've had it repaired (fuel line, fuel pressure gauge) was told the engine was flooded (the car went through a period of not even starting prior to...

2001 pontiac grand am won't start totally dead [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the 2001 pontiac grand am and have continuously had the reset problem and the turn signals don't work all the time. Today, my car would not start at all. There were not lights, nothing. The car was totally dead. My battery is newer. I did have to reset a couple of days ago. Do...

2001 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4 [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently I noticed that when I turn my vechicle off, the door chime remains on. I tried taking out some fuses that I believed would be for the door chime, but to no avail. Because of the constant dinging, my battery is dead, and once I jump the car, the chiming still remains on, and once...

1992 Pontiac Grand Am [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am. Recently, to make a long story short, I had to drive through a flood (large puddle of water) and the car was submerged in water (the water came up to the door inside the car) and had to be pushed out to higher ground. I was able to start it after 2 days after...

View more questions Search