Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MPYOUNG33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Water softener brine tank overflow
    I have a Rainsoft water softener that is between 10 and 15yrs old. It is set to go off every 3 days and I think my brine tank overflows every time it goes off now. I only have one salt block at a time in the brine tank. I have checked to see if the tube is clogged and it is not as I am able to manually run the softener and there are no problems filling and emptying the tank. Has anybody out there ran into a similar problem? Any advice is helpful. I have called the local Rainsoft repair man and he doesn't even return my calls. These systems are supposed to last 30+ years and I would rather repair than buy new.

Thank You
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Get a new one that one sounds tooooooo old

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Low water pressure new well pump is it the Water softener? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, again I called a well service Co. and they replaced my well pump. It was barely functioning. Strangly the pervious install was a 220 volt pump and it was connected to 110, and it worked. That pump was about 20 years old. The new pump is a 110 volt pump. My problem now is occasional...

Water tank overflow to stormwater leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site but was hoping someone could help me with a watertank issue. I have a 3000L external tank, not plumbed in to the house but used for watering the garden, in Brisbane, Australia. With all the rain it fills up very quickly and then the water flows to the overflow stormwater...

Hydrogen sulfide in water - due to water softener? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've been trying to determine the source of a rotten eggs smell that was coming from our sinks and shower. At first I thought it was coming from the drains, and that it had to do with the septic system and/or plumbing pipes/vents. However, I have since determined that the source is the...

Leaking overflow pipe in water tank [ 2 Answers ]

How do I stop my overflow pipe in the cold water tank from leakin?

View more questions Search