Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davo2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
    My biological dad
    Hi there, I've got in touch with my biological grandad via phone! I have never seen or spoken to my real family until now! My biological dad left my mom when finding out she was pregnant with me! They are refusing to have anything to do with me and will not give any pictures! They live in the same town as me but don't know who they are!
    What can I do to get a picture!
    My biological grandfather says he has spoken to my real dad and says he doesn't want anything to do with me but how do I know he has actually spoken to him?
    I really need some help please. Thanks, Richard Davies
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
    If you have some concrete proof that that really is your grandfather, there has got to be a way to petition the court for DNA, and hence bring your birth-father out of hiding.

What does your birthmother say about all of this? Can she help you prove who your bio-dad is?

XenoSapien

Mar 17, 2008, 03:20 PM
    He signed my birth certificate providing he could have nothing to do with us so he knows he is my father! I was thinking about taking legal advice but not sure whether it will get me anywhere! My mom feels that he is a waste of time and not worth the upset but understands that I am curious as to what he looks like! What do you think?

Mar 17, 2008, 03:25 PM
    There is nothing wrong with you being curious, because while there are trillions of people on the planet, only one of them is your father. This "man" is it.

Does mom have no pics? How come mom will not reveal his name? Could you convince her to tell you who he is? For the sake of closure for you?

XenoSapien

Mar 17, 2008, 03:36 PM
    I know his name because its on my birth certificate! They were 18 when they were together so very young. She has no pictures at all! His father keeps saying he has spoken to him and he asked asked him to tell me not to keep trying to get in touch because he doesn't want to know as he has his own new family now! So I'm lost

Mar 17, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Track him down. Find out where he works. Ask yourself, what is it you really want? What do you have to have from him to have peace? Or closure? He appears to not really care much for you, so what do you really want?

Perhaps, the indirect approach might work. Speak to someone of his new family; like his wife. Talk to her without him around. I'm guessing she will listen to you. Reveal all to her.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to find my biological dad [ 4 Answers ]

I wish I could have some help on trying to find my biological dad. His name is wayne turman.

Would like to find Biological dad -Flint Michigan area [ 9 Answers ]

I decided to see if anyone knows the best (free) way of finding my biological father. I was conceived near Flint Michigan by a man named Daniel Gordon. This was in 1981 and he was between the ages of 20-23. My mom and him dated briefly until he left her for another woman. Supposedly he went off...

My son needs his new dad to be dad [ 3 Answers ]

Can antone tell me if my partner can adopt my son. His natural father has never been around he's not on the birth certificate, it just states father unknown. I don't know where he is or how to contract him. When I was pregnant he want a test to prove if he was the dad or not which was never done

My stepdaughter dad, isn't really her dad, and I want to adopt her [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are trying to get some insight on how to go about telling her exhusband that I want to adopt her /his daughter, 8yrs old with him knowing that he wasn't really the father in the first place. He agreed to raise her knowing that he wasn't her real dad, ( bio is completely out of the...

How can we prove abusive dad not biological? [ 10 Answers ]

I have temporary guardianship and an emergency order of protection for my 14 yr old nephew. He has been living here since May and wants to stay permanently. His mother.. my sister supports this as she is going through a divorce from his stepdad and he was having trouble at school. He is doing a...

View more questions Search