Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmfricke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
    How do I evict a child not paying rent
    I have an18 year old daughter who is not paying rent, suppose to be doing Butler Tech
    Online for high school, has no drivers licence, no job, has been very disrespectful (swearing and such) at me. She does nothing to help around the house and lives like a pig in her room. She is hard of hearing so is very immature for her age. She is over a
    Month behind in her online classes and I am giving up trying to help her. I am at the point where I want to to evict her. How do I go about doing that?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 17, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Being 18, I'm not so sure she qualifies as a child anymore. I'd check into what constitutes an adult in your state, then see if the police will remove an adult that you do not want in your home. Yes, consult a lawyer, but hopefully the police will remove her first.

XenoSapien
    mannydiaz27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmfricke
    I have an18 year old daughter who is not paying rent, suppose to be doing Butler Tech
    online for high school, has no drivers licence, no job, has been very disrespectful (swearing and such) at me. She does nothing to help around the house and lives like a pig in her room. She is hard of hearing so is very immature for her age. She is over a
    month behind in her online classes and I am giving up trying to help her. I am at the point where I want to to evict her. How do I go about doing that?
    Even though she is your daughter you can still evict her due to her being an adult. Send her a certified letter giving her a three day notice. LOOK up your states statutes and see what your statutes calls for.

You can also just call the police and see what they say.
    mannydiaz27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmfricke
    online for high school, has no drivers licence, no job, has been very disrespectful (swearing and such) at me. She does nothing to help around the house and lives like a pig in her room. She is hard of hearing so is very immature for her age. She is over a
    month behind in her online classes and I am giving up trying to help her. I am at the point where I want to to evict her. How do I go about doing that?
    Even though she is your daughter you can still evict her due to her being an adult. Send her a certified letter giving her a three day notice. LOOK up your states statutes and see what your statutes calls for.

You can also just call the police and see what they say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a rent paying son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren? [ 4 Answers ]

I hate that it has come to this but I have my oldest son and daughter-in-law and two grandchildren that have lived in our second home for 3 years. They have paid rent without a contract. Their rent has fallen behind but mostly has been caught up. They barely pay the payment on the home and I pay...

Paying Rent [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just curious, in my lease it says that my landlord will collect the rent of the first of every month, well it's nearly halfway through January and he still hasn't come to get it. Is it my job to go to him and say here's the rent, or can I just wait for him? (I've had to chase him down every...

Roommates not paying rent. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend had a couple move in with us. We do not get along at all and it was decided around a week (nov.24) ago that they were going to move out. We found another person to move in and take over the rest of the lease. This person can't move in till mid January. They promised us to pay...

Can We Evict Immediately if They've NEVER Paid Rent? [ 24 Answers ]

We recently agreed to rent a house to some people. We signed the lease agreement, but the renters weren't given the lease or a copy because they haven't paid the first month's rent yet. Can we evict them without notice? They have been there for two weeks and have paid nothing, not to mention...

Evicting Adult Child not paying Rent [ 9 Answers ]

How can I throw an adult child who will not follow rules of house and just want to waste his life away?

View more questions Search