Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brandie8202 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 01:11 PM
    My husbands son
    While my husband and I were broke up before we got back together and got married he was with a girl for 3 months. Well when he broke up with her she told him she was pregnant. Towards the end of the pregnancy she ask us if it was OK to put her B/F's name on the birth certificate because her b/f was in the military. We said it was OK because we had our own baby on the way, we were struggling money wise and she said that the baby would know that he had two daddy's. Well at first everything was good,but now she lives in another state. I asked her if we could take him for a little bit in the summer. She is acting like she doesn't want him to have anything to do with my husband. We know he is my husbands because he looks like just like him. We don't ignore him. My husband has talk to him on the phone and sent him gifts several times. What should we do?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 17, 2008, 03:32 PM
    DNA test.

XenoSapien
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Well, now you have to prove that your husband is the father. By allowing a different name on the birth certificate, that person has the claim to that child unless you prove otherwise.

In the eyes of the court, your husband has no claim to that child at all. So, I agree with the post above - DNA test.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 18, 2008, 07:07 AM
    It may even be too late for that. In many states, the person who signs the because acknowledges paternity and is the legal father. Unless challeged within a statutory specified time, then that paternity is established. So its possible she may not allow a DNA test and be within her rights.

So I would consult an attorney on just what rights your husband does have at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

How do I evict my son, girlfriend, and son from my home? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I currently have my son, girfriend and son living at our house. He is a recovering drug addict who still causes us trouble. He argues with us, me especially,and beats me up. Two weeks after open heart surgery, he threw me into a wall by pushing me in the chest. Just recently while I was...

Why do Husbands [ 22 Answers ]

Why do husbands love to have sex with different women?

How can adopt my wife's son (my step son) [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's ex husband doesn't really take care of his son. He doesn't call or anything. The only thing that we get is approximately $45 every 2-3 weeks but that amount varies. I on the other hand have been providing everything for my wife's son even before we got married since her son was about 3...

16yr old son wants to take my husbands last name [ 3 Answers ]

I have been with my husband since my oldest son was 8 months, he is now turning 17 and is graduating high school next year. He stressed that he does not want to graduate and his diploma not have his fathers last name (my husband). He currently has his birth fathers last name whom my son does...

View more questions Search