Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Mar 17, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Do you have a "biblical worldview"?
    A study by the Barna group indicates that only 4% of Christians have a "biblical worldview" (see linked study Welcome to The Barna Group! )

The definition of a "biblical worldview" as defined in the study follows:

For the purposes of the research, a biblical worldview was defined as believing that absolute moral truths exist; that such truth is defined by the Bible; and firm belief in six specific religious views. Those views were that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life; God is the all-powerful and all-knowing Creator of the universe and He stills rules it today; salvation is a gift from God and cannot be earned; Satan is real; a Christian has a responsibility to share their faith in Christ with other people; and the Bible is accurate in all of its teachings.

What do you believe regarding this study? Do you hold a "biblical worldview"? And if you do in your opinion is this crucial view to have?

I know my opinions; what are yours?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Mar 17, 2008, 03:22 PM
    My only disagreement is that Jesus lived a "sinless" life. He was made man. Man is flawed. Hence, he had to have made a mistake somewhere in his life.

XenoSapien

Mar 18, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Thanks for your response. Your disagreement with that one tenant also means you disagree with the fact that the Bible is accurate in ALL of its teachings because the Bible teaches Jesus was indeed "sinless" The Bible teaches Jesus was fully man and fully God which makes him nothing like you or I and makes it perfectly possible for him to be sinless.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
    I hold no such 'worldview'.

Mar 18, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I hold no such 'worldview'.

Do you represent yourself as a Christian?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Hmmm... good point. I was baptised, did first communion and all that. I must fall in the in-between crack.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    A study by the Barna group indicates that only 4% of Christians have a "biblical worldview"
    What do you believe regarding this study?
    It's good news! I would have guessed at least 25%.
    Do you hold a "biblical worldview"?
    No.

Mar 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hmmm...good point. I was baptised, did first communion and all that. I must fall in the in-between crack.
    "in-between crack" that is like saying I kind of have cancer or I am in sort of pregnant. How is that possible? Either you follow Christ as your saviour or you don't...

Mar 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    It's good news! I would have guessed at least 25%.

No.

I assume you don't profess to be a Christian.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:33 AM
    I don't get your point here. Your question does not ask that only christians respond. :confused:

Mar 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
    I don't get your point here. Your question does not ask that only christians respond. :confused:
    I guess I should be more specific re: who the question is for? BUT I just thought since it was posted on a Christianity board and the question relates to a biblical worldview that non-believers would have no reason to respond because it would be inferred that non-believers would have course NOT have a "biblical worldview" Does that make sense?

I will make myself more clear next time. Thanks for your feedback.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2008, 08:49 AM
    that is like saying I kinda have cancer or I am in sort of pregnant.
    Sorry to say but this is a terrible similitude as the examples you have chosen are black and white.

As you well know there are numerous denominations of Christianity all with varying views on the Bible and it's teachings.
    Your quoted "Worldview" seems to represent a very narrow section of Christian indeed and to label anyone that doesn't hold the same view as a heretic (almost) simply goes against Christian teaching of tolerance and love of your fellow man.

Mar 18, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Sorry to say but this is a terrible similitude as the examples you have chosen are black and white.

As you well know there are numerous denominations of Christianity all with varying views on the Bible and it's teachings.
    Your quoted "Worldview" seems to represent a very narrow section of Christian indeed and to label anyone that doesn't hold the same view as a heretic (almost) simply goes against Christian teaching of tolerance and love of your fellow man.

Who labeled them a heretic (almost)? Please give examples.
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Either you follow Christ as your saviour or you don't...
    Shame really.

Mar 18, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Shame really.

If the first statement is a dissenting or unorthodox view to you then I must be a heretic

The second is clearly an assumption based on the response I received from the poster.

Thanks for sharing your views.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:03 AM
    BUT I just thought since it was posted on a Christianity board
    BUT it wasn't, it's in Religious Discussions. Jus' saying.
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretc
    1. a professed believer who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church or rejects doctrines prescribed by that church.
    Yes you are basically saying that anyone that doesn't hold this worldview is indeed a heretic.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Touché.

Mar 18, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Your views are all dissenting which wasn't my intention and the question was meant to be posted on the Christianity board so I started a new one there. I don't knock any of you for having your views/beliefs just was trying to have a different type discussion. Thanks for playing along.

This post is closed.
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2008, 09:24 AM
    This is the best place for a thread of this nature so I have removed the DUPLICATE posted in Christianity.

Our views may be contrary to your own, but at least we are willing to listen to various view points before jumping to judgemental conclusions.

Ps Only Mods and Admin can close threads ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search