Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 12:38 PM
    TV screen
    I know this is a long shot because I don't know how to explain this any other way.

I took the screen off a projection TV to clean the inside of it because it got wet.
    There were two layers of screen.
    The bottom one has swirl lines that I know faced the lights.
    For the top one, I can't remember which side of is suppose to face out.
    When it's put on, one side has a silvery tent and the other side has a darker grayish black tent.
    Does anyone know which side should be facing out because I can't remember.
    The color needs adjusting so I can't tell by the picture.
    Thanks.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Go to the TV makers web site and look for a service manual or owner's manual. You could also look in the yellow pages and call an authorized servicer and ask them which screen goes where. They should be willing to tell you.

While you had the screens off, did you clean the mirrors?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I did clean the mirror, I hope that wasn't a bad thing.
    I cleaned the dust off everything.

A window was left open during a bad storm
    And it got soaked.
    I thought the color and picture looked funny (you see two of everything in green and red only) because
    The screen was wet on the inside, but I don't think that's the case anymore.
    It's dry and no matter how much color adjusting I do
    (with the screen turned either way) nothing helps.

I called a service guy and he'll be out tomorrow,
    Said he thinks it sounds like the converter.
    pomonabill220 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Sounds like it is a CRT rear projection TV? The reason you see multiple images in the different colors (blue should be there also), is the convergence has changed.
    Possibly the section that drives the CRT deflection coils on the guns got wet/dirty and this has changed the drive siginals to the coils.
    Did the color ghosting appear AFTER you cleaned the mirrors or before? If after the mirrors were cleaned, you might have moved the mirrors EVER SO SLIGHTLY and this has changed the alignment. If before, the convergence drive has changed.
    Most likley no parts should need replacing, just a cleaning on the electronics (let an electronics person do this) and a reconvergence. I will not advise on how to clean a PC board because the correct cleaner and methods need to be used or damage to the board/parts can happen and other bad things, so let a tech do it.
    Good luck!
    Bill
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 10:50 AM
    All the problems with the TV started after it got wet.
    A service guy did come out to repair the TV and it works great now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Pc on, nothing on screen [ 5 Answers ]

My PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?

View more questions Search