Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Mar 17, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Dog bites feet
    Every time I let my dog back in the house from going to the potty and running the yard, he goes right for my feet. He doesn't bite hard, but I really wish he wouldn't do it at all.

I do sort of have a fear of animals or any one being near my feet with their mouth because of an incident that happened when I was a kid. Its like this dog some how knows and is picking on me.

Is there some way I can get him to stop doing that. Like maybe leaving my feet in sweaty stinky shoes all day to repel him?
    Rohinald Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 06:00 AM
    As soon as he comes in, and goes for your feet, sternly say NO. if he stops, give him a treat. Keep it up and the dog'll soon learn
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Mar 18, 2008, 01:48 PM
    My dog used to also bite my feet, so I wore shoes and felt accomplished until he took my sandal. Then I wore sneakers and he couldn't grab those so he just stopped. You could also have a toy ready when your dog comes inside.
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Mar 18, 2008, 08:59 PM
    He's probably just looking for something to chew on give him a toy when he comes in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Embarrassing when somebody looks at my feet ! Shoe bites or corn? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi people, Its all about a pointed formal shoes I had worn which accumulated think layers of skin on almost all my toes.Generally people get it on their little toe. BUT I have it on all toes except one toe in the middle.Its for sure not a shoe bite,but its due to the frequent friction of the...

What should I do if my dog bites [ 3 Answers ]

My dog just bit me and he doesn't have his shots yet do I need to go for a shot now he is only 11 weeks old

Treating dog bites [ 3 Answers ]

My poor Trink got bit at the dog park this morning (and do NOT get me started on people who bring a foster Great Dane to a dog park without knowing how it's going to interact with other dogs!). It doesn't look that bad... one puncture up on top of her shoulder (where the little bumps are) and one...

Dog jumps and bites my face! [ 12 Answers ]

Our 8 month old beagle/boston terrier mix is starting to calm down only slightly. She was spayed a few months ago. She's a VERY hyper dog, always has to be running around, can't just sit still. Anyway, for the most part she's well behaved. The biggest problem is that all of a sudden she can just...

Dog Bites my mom [ 1 Answers ]

HI my name is Scooby "D" and as U can see I'm a very cute wiener dog I also have a sister Forest Gump we look alike but I don't bite unike my sis Forest . Anyhows I just wanted to say hello. R there... I had to leave my2 yr old forest at my sis house 4 about 7 months when i moved in with my sis...

View more questions Search