Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmcdonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Toyota Alarm System
    Does a 2000 Toyota Rav4 have a keyless entry or do they have an alarm with keyless entry?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 03:20 PM
    In 2K they had both. The RS1000 was just keyless entry. The RS3000 was the alarm system. Both were not factory installed. It was either at port, or the dealer.
    Have the dealer do a vehicle inquirey with your vin and they should be able to tell you what you have.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcdonald
    Does a 2000 Toyota Rav4 have a keyless entry or do they have an alarm with keyless entry?
    It was available as an option, as kitch mentioned: either port installed option (PIO) or dealer installed option (DIO).
    Beware: depending on where you live, some dealers have been granted latitude to install substandard, after-market system. It may be that the aftermarket installers have not been as accurate nor as thorough as the R&D done by Toyota when designing and installing the factory system. Sometime, though not always, more harm can be done by these aftermarket systems.
    You can inspect the FOB's and see if it is O.E. or aftermarket. Look for the Toyota Tri-oval (see kitch's avatar!)
    If you still aren't sure, ask the seller if you can have it inspected by a Toyota dealer to make certain.
    Good luck. I hope this helps.
    Bossladytmck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 02:51 PM
    I have a 2000 rav4 that has a remote with an alarm. Is there suppose to be a switch or something where I can just use the remote without the alarm?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 6, 2012, 06:43 AM
    Bossladytmck, that depends on which system you have installed on your Rav.
    Can you post a picture of your remote and I'll try to research that particular system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing transformer for Alarm System [ 10 Answers ]

Hello I am wanting to install a new transformer for my alarm system. The old one was taken out by a friend and was incorrectly installed according to him (an electrician). It is a 16.5 V transformer which sat at the bottom of the panel. It has 2 black wires coming from it. There is a place...

2002 Honda Accord SE Alarm System Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Lately, my car alarm has been going off at night (multiple times) for unexplained reasons (believe me... I've tried to catch a person or pet that might be causing it) and it's driving me crazy. Has anyone heard of this type of problem with the Accord SE?

Which is the best home alarm system [ 4 Answers ]

We are having a new home built and we would like to install an alarm system. We are so remote it would take a officer 20-40 minutes to respond so we were thinking of using cameras so we can at least see who and maybe get a license plate number. Any suggestions or comments on which systems are...

Alarm goes off but not because of smoke [ 6 Answers ]

the smoke detector alarm goes off but its not because of smoke. What could be the other probable reasons? Is condensation a probability? Is getting a central humidifier going to solve the problem? What would be a good route to take?

Fire Alarm [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, About 3 days ago, a new fire alarm was installed in my condo unit. In the process, the technician turned off the breaker for the central AC unit. Yesterday I decided to turn on my air conditioner (the breaker was still off). I noticed that the guy turned off the breaker while the AC was...

View more questions Search