Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Wright obviously became a student of Carmichael; black power ideology and philosophy. Was he wrong?

Were Huey P. Newton, Bobby Seale, Eldridge Cleaver, Malcolm X, and the Mass protests of the 60's wrong?

Wrong or right they did not have enough muscle to change power relationships.

In the early 70's Afro-Americans like Wright then turned to putting their theories into practice: Building community organizations and creating the economic and political foundations necessary for the future, while railing against everything white.

The black liberation struggle in this country is not over; everything from violence to an appeal to conscience has been found woefully inadequate.

Such things as 'The Black Caucus and elected officials is the current method to change.

It's a fairly short read and I recommend it for anyone interested in the "Black Experience in America"
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Stands to reason he has seen a lot over the course of his life, and how can we just dimiss that, because some conservative poly wog is offended? Again, how can a sound bite, define a mans whole life? Does that erase the rest of his service? Don't you wonder, why they never talk about that, while they villify a few comments? I am curious, and more than a little suspicious.
    Like I asked excon, HOW we talk about racism matters, doesn't it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Like I asked excon, HOW we talk about racism matters, doesn't it?
    Yes it does. It goes on a lot more than we think. Do you think that Hannity believes that? He ticks me off.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 19, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    More of the same Bobby…It makes me wonder about the Obama supporters who has spoken in this forum who can't put together an argument supporting Wright and his church when others have, including Obama.

Try to stay in touch with reality. I've been on the subject going on a week now. Just because you have your head stuck in John McCain's tuchus doesn't mean others have to accompany you into deaf, dumb, and blatant blindness. You just went from philosophical second string bench-warmer to first string denial. Congratulations!

Mar 19, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Yes it does. It goes on a lot more than we think. Do you think that Hannity believes that? He ticks me off.
    Hannity is a paid Fox news commentator. I don't even think he believes his own nonsense. He's making a career out of presenting himself as a narrow minded pompous and he's doing a great job at it. :cool:
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Bobby

More insults, is that genetic with you or a learned habit?
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Hannity is a paid Fox news commentator. I don't even think he believes his own nonsense. He's making a career out of presenting himself as a narrow minded pompous and he's doing a great job at it. :cool:
    More insults, is that genetic with you or a learned habit? :rolleyes:
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:58 PM
    I have no idea what Hannity thinks, I don't watch his show or listen to his radio program. Do you?

Mar 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
    More insults, is that genetic with you or a learned habit? :rolleyes:
    Genetics? A cloned monkey knows that Hannity is a paid Fox news employee that hired to provide commentary with a Republican slant. Surely even you've made far enough progress up the evolution ladder to recognize that. ;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Genetics?! A cloned monkey knows that Hannity is a paid Fox news employee that hired to provide commentary with a Republican slant. Surely even you've made far enough progress up the evolution ladder to recognize that. ;)
    More insults, is there anyone you have not insulted? :rolleyes:

Mar 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
    More insults, is there anyone you have not insulted? :rolleyes:
    Yes. I have not insulted those of intelligence with an IQ minimum above room temperature. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Yes. I have not insulted those of intelligence with an IQ minimum above room temperature. :)
    Is that Jewish superiority I hear? I suppose the Old Yiddish folk saying is true… "Villains fare well in this world, saints in the next world.":rolleyes:

Mar 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Is that Jewish superiority I hear? I suppose the Old Yiddish folk saying is true… "Villains fare well in this world, saints in the next world.":rolleyes:

Are you hearing voices... again? We have a saying, "A sheivgendoiker nar is a halber chcochem." Which means, a quite fool is half a sage. Here's another, "Ver es kon kain pulver nit shmeken, der zol in der malchumeh nit gai'en." Which means, He that cannot stand the smell of gunpowder should not engage in war! And since you, an atheist, all the suddenly became interested in my Jewish heritage here's one to take to heart, "Mit yid iz gut kugel essen, ober nit af ain teller. Which means, it's good to eat pudding with a Jew, but not from the same plate. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Glad to see the bonding, but I'm confused as to which of you to vote for.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Well yes Bobby, as an atheist I can hardly claim God's unabashed favoritism.:p

Mar 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
    No, no, no! Please don't put me on the ballot, I already have enough responsibility. Besides my wife just gave me orders to quit toying with DC. Time permitting I'll catch everyone later in the week. G-d bless.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 02:45 PM
    I can’t run talaniman, do you realize how terrific and remarkable his insights and sensitivities are! How could any one person be so brilliant, so on-target, so profound?. he must be Jewish!:p
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Mar 19, 2008, 06:24 PM

What half of the equator are you residing on?! Like Skell said earlier, you're about five threads late to the party. Obama rose above the Republican fray after re-addressing these issues some 12 hours plus ago. Stay in touch, man.
    I'm residing on the half of the equator that QUESTIONS things that need to be questioned, not on the half that BLINDLY BELIEVES in all that your candidate conveniently throws at you. I know you are desperately trying to cover this IMPORTANT matter up between Obama and Wright, but guess what? It Just Won't Go Away! It Can't! The American people have now grabbed ahold of it tightly and are not letting go and are going to see it to the finish! Oh, and just because Obama addressed the Republican party with his clever rhetoric and smile, you believed every word he said huh? Didn't God give you a brain with which to question independently, man? I know, you are just a blind believer in Obama. Bet if he told you that the fragrance was alluring and asked you to stick your head inside an outhouse opening, you'd ask how deep and for how long, sir. Man, that's what I call Double Blind Faith in a smooth talker!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    I'm residing on the half of the equator that QUESTIONS things that need to be questioned, not on the half that BLINDLY BELIEVES in all that your candidate conveniently throws at you. I know you are desperately trying to cover this IMPORTANT matter up between Obama and Wright, but guess what? It Just Won't Go Away! It Can't! The American people have now grabbed ahold of it tightly and are not letting go and are going to see it to the finish! Oh, and just because Obama addressed the Republican party with his clever rhetoric and smile, you believed every word he said huh? Didn't God give you a brain with which to question independently, man? I know, you are just a blind believer in Obama. Bet if he told you that the fragrance was alluring and asked you to stick your head inside an outhouse opening, you'd ask how deep and for how long, sir. Man, that's what I call Double Blind Faith in a smooth talker!
    Replace the name Obama with the name Bush in this post and you have a great description of the other half of America.

Oh but sorry, Bush certainly doesn't have clever rhetoric though does he.

Mar 19, 2008, 09:15 PM
    I can’t run talaniman, do you realize how terrific and remarkable his insights and sensitivities are! How could any one person be so brilliant, so on-target, so profound? ... he must be Jewish!:p
    Why are you so blatantly jealous? And trust me you wouldn't get elected. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama and NAFTA [ 9 Answers ]

During Tues debate Obama and Evita traded gotcha charges about who is more serious about reforming NAFTA . This is an issue that resonates in Ohio where many people mistakenly blame NAFTA for job losses in the State. Both said they would deep six the treaty and renegotiate . According to...

Barack Obama [ 20 Answers ]

6400 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

14.5hp briggs won't start unless jumped [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14.5hp Briggs mower that will only start if I start my truck and jump it off, it will not start the battery, not even the truck battery truck has to be running. I have changed the starter then the solinoid and still does it. Once it is started runs perfect and I have tested the battery and...

What to do about byfriend who jumped out of moving vehicle [ 9 Answers ]

Well I need to let some things off my chest. I have been in a relationship for over 4 years with the same individual whom we will call (Tito). I just recently moved into an apt with him. Prior to that we have been living together since the inception of our relationship in 2003. Well this...

View more questions Search