Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Feb 2, 2006, 04:06 PM
    Quick question
    Hi I just have a quick question I hope some of you can help me with. Basically there eis a group of friend about 4 of us that I am really close too butone of the other 4 I just don't like and I have tried to be nice etc but I just cant. He always says something about me to other people and winds me up and he says insults and stuff to me but if I say any back he tries to turn my other mates against me but I don't want to cause a rift or anything but he always has to be the center of attention and he always stirs things up. If I am just talking to one of the other mates he will burst in with no actually this happened etc etc and it is so hard not to just hit him. Please help before I do end up hitting him as this has been going on for a while now. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2006, 07:53 PM
    You will meet all kinds of people in life and many will have the ability to rub you the wrong way.I think the best way to handle loudmouths like your talking about is to step back and let them make a fool of themselves.You'd be surprised that if you look around that's how everyone else handles them too.So don't let him push your buttons and react in a way that puts you in a bad light this is exactly what he wants, so do the opposite, walk away.:cool:

Feb 3, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Thanks but that's what he wants so he can be with my mates more. I will try and ignore him from now on though. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Give your mates more credit I'm sure they see through this loudmoth:cool:

Feb 3, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Yea thanks I will just ignore him and hang around with my mates
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 3, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Im sure your friends see what a jerk this guy is :rolleyes: you will probley find that they are pretty pissed off with him to.

When he says things to you been nasty he probley does this because he knows that you will say something back and he can get a reaction from you! Your best bet is to let his comments go over your head and just switch off to him been about... He must feel not very happy with himself if he acts like this :)

Show him who's the bigger guy and switch off to him.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Hi,
    As others have said, ignore him.
    Ignoring someone causes them to eventually stop, when they see they are not "rattling your chain" anymore!
    toddakins05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2006, 01:00 AM
    You have a two options. . You can "feed in" to him. By doing this you can join him in his antics, thus he will expose himself and others will lean towards you and defend you. You will notice your friends wanting to be in your presents and they will "sub Consciously weed him out" of the group. This will not be a sudden change, do not look of it! It will just happen. If you do not see a change, the people you call your friends... well are they? The other option... you do not want to do. I feel the best advice "just walk away from this pompous a$$" Laugh with him, agree with him. Give him nothing to use against you. If he does, go with the flow. Example: he says "look at your shoes, how stupid" you say "Wow you are right they are stupid, thank you for telling me, by the way do you see anything elts that you would like to comment on?" let him say it, agree if he does, do not make any changes if he suggests you do. He is expecting you to fight back. When you don't he will be dumbfounded and will try his hardest to gain back the "Bad a$$" title he is trying to accomplish. When he gives up, he will move on to another person. He is insecure with himself-his probublem not yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quick question [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, Pennsylvania here. I have a two fold problem. First is that I want to have a pet but my landlord won't allow it. He does allow other people to have pets but not me. My rent is 330 and I have a 660.00 deposit. According to the lease a 200.00 deposit is required for a pet to be allowed. He said...

Quick question [ 1 Answers ]

If you wire a 20 amp circuit and you were going to add a GFI outlet tothat circuit you should add a 20amp GFI outlet, correct? I may want to rewire my unfinished basement downstairs and bought a 20 amp breaker and 12-2 grounded line.

Quick question [ 1 Answers ]

;) Do you see a move for me this year, newbiemouse?

Quick Question? [ 4 Answers ]

There is this girl on my msn . I have been talking to her since about 6 months ago and she says she likes me a bit more then a friend . Anyway I was thinking this is kind of crazi but some of the stuff she says is really cute and so yes I like her. I want to know what I should do . Should I meet...

Quick Question? [ 5 Answers ]

There is this girl on my msn . I have been talking to her since about 6 months ago and she says she likes me a bit more then a friend . Anyway I was thinking this is kind of crazi but some of the stuff she says is really cute and so yes I like her. I want to know what I should do . Should I meet...

View more questions Search