Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyhazelnut Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 09:38 AM
    In Search of Reasons that WILL Allow Termination of My Probation having no PO Officer
    I am going to court this week since I filed a motion to terminate probation early because it is hindering my job progression as my field of work is within the Accounting Dept. I have heard that this reason alone is not good enough. Please advise.
    Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Hello honey:

Yes, they are aware that probation "hinders" you. They don't care.

You'll have to tell them, of course, that you're reformed and that you're a good girl. Before the hearing, I'd get a copy of the probation rules and procedures manual. IF there's a provision for early termination of probation, the criteria ought to be spelled out there.

If not, at least the judge is going to listen. Sounds like you've got a shot. But, complaining about your probation ain't it.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 06:57 AM
    They don't care if your probation is impairing you from getting ahead. You basically got yourself into this mess and they aren't going to be too helpful about it. The only thing you would have going for you to end the probation early is if you successfully performed everything your probation required and at least half or more of the time has elapsed of your imposed term. If say, you had a 3 year probation and only did 3 months of it - then of course they are going to deny you as not enough time has elapsed. Like excon says above, get the rules and procedures manual and see if you are even eligible for early termination in the first place. You could be wasting everyone's time (or not).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Officer [ 1 Answers ]

My brother has a probation officer in Wisconsin that is unwilling to help him with his probation. He is wanting to move back to Texas. Can anyone give me some advice for him. Thank you, Nancy

Is there a probation officer out there? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is on probation for disorderly. He recently broke up with his girlfriend, a few weeks ago. 2 days before he is off probation his probation officer calls him in on a complaint that he made threats to her. She has no proof just her word. The officer put him in jail until she can...

When do you see a probation officer [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a sentencing date and you have no orders from a judge, when do you see a probation officer?

Probation officer [ 8 Answers ]

Can my brother change his prbation officer in the state of va if he went to high school w/ her ( they hated one another in school)?? :confused:

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search