Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arentanangel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2004, 06:56 PM
    Grandparents rights
    My grandson has been living with me & my family since December of last year. He was only suppose to stay here for a short time until his mother(my daughter) got on her feet. Well needless to say she hasn't come and gotten him yet. She has not been supporting him at all, my family and I have been providing everything for him. His father has had barely any contact with him for quite sometime now and hasn't suppoted him in any way either. Neither parent has even made any attemot to see their child in over 4 months now. Both parents share custody, my daughter has physical custody. I don't want to see my grandson suffer anymore, Myself and my husband would like to gain custody of my grandson. Do we have any rights? If so what are they? PLEASE HELP!!
    ginger Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2004, 04:25 PM
    Re: grandparents rights
    I would contact the state social services to see if this qualifies as abandoment. They would probably give you physical custody for now until things are either resolved with your daughter or the father.
    arentanangel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2004, 07:13 PM
    Grandparents rights
    Which state should I contact social services though? I live in Mississippi, my daughter lives in Virginia, and my grandson's father lives in New Hampshire. I was thinking New Hampshire because that is where they all lived previous to now and that is where the joint custody was decided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Grandparents Rights ? [ 2 Answers ]

1) My Granddaughters Mother left her and my son has know time for his daughter, my son has an abusive relationship with his girl friend and they both us drugs,neither of them can hold a job . My granddaughter has been with me sense she was 2 and half she is now 5yrs my son says he wants, his...

Children rights [ 10 Answers ]

Can law enforcement question children without a parent or having an attorney present? What are their rights?

Grandparents [ 1 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 14 month old daughter. I work full time as a therapist. During my time at work my mother cares for my daughter half-the-week and my mother-in-law the other half. They both watch my daughter in our home. I very much want my daughter to have a good relationship with both sets...

View more questions Search