Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phredryk Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2008, 08:46 AM
    AutoCAD Minimal Text Heights?
    I'm currently a Drafting student learning everything about AutoCAD, but... I'm having trouble finding the smallest text height (which I believe is standard) that is legible that should ever be used on a drawing. Help would be great Thanks! :D
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Typically text height on a drawing should be about 1/8" - 3/32". In autocad at 1/4" = 1'-0" scale that is a 4 1/2" height. At 1/8" scale it is 9" text height.

Mar 17, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca
    Typically text height on a drawing should be about 1/8" - 3/32". In autocad at 1/4" = 1'-0" scale that is a 4 1/2" height. At 1/8" scale it is 9" text height.
    Yes I know that, ;) but this is for an electrical drawing where I need to show GFIs and WPs next to outlets, which are supposed to be smaller than 3/32"
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 17, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I wouldn't go less than 1/16" or it will be too hard to read.

Mar 17, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Thanks :) you have been very helpful. I believe 1/16" is the smallest allowed
    Renman521 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
    When using text that small, you might also want to consider a thinner pen size when plotting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Minimal hot water flow to shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hot and cold water runs freely from the faucet to the tub, but when the shower is turned on, the majority of the hot water continues to run from the faucet to tub and not go up through the shower. No problems with cold water. What is wrong and can I fix this?

Minimal cut & path sets [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the stracture with 7 components such that each of them with probabilty p works independently A) find the minimal cut and minimal path sets? B)Find the reliability for the stracture function?

AutoCAD and VB [ 1 Answers ]

How to get the dimension , coordinates of the entity of AutoCAD drawing using Visual Basic . I am using filter property of select method of selectionset object... But its not happening.. Please send me the example code for the same.. Regards Sanjay

View more questions Search