Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Answer: Lease of computers with estimated economic life of 15 years, journal entries
    7. On January 2, 2005, the Wilcox Studios leased six computers for use in the engineering department. The lease period is for 13 years and the estimated economic life of the leased property is 15 years. The lease does not contain automatic title transfer or a bargain purchase option. Lease payments are $9,000 per year, payable each December 31. The incremental borrowing rate for Wilcox is 12 percent and the implicit interest rate (known by Wilcox) is 10 percent. The company uses straight-line depreciation for this type of equipment.

Provide the necessary journal entries to record the transactions for Wilcox for the period January 2, 2005 through December 31, 2006.

I have:
    Dec 31 2005
    Rent Expense 9,000
    Cash 9,000

Dec 31 2006
    Rent Expense 9,000
    Cash 9,000

Is this correct? If not please Help!

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries & Adjusting Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Nov. 15- Purchased $1,600 of merchandise on account from Martin Co, terms 1/30; paid $60 of associated freight charges in cash. My answer: Merchandise Inventory $1600 Accounts Payable $1600 Cash $60 Freight Expense $60...

Journal Entry to Record Estimated Quarterly Income tax [ 5 Answers ]

I need to record an estimated quarterly income tax payment and am not sure of what the entry would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dr?? Cr Cash for the payment Thanks

Bond Payments and Journal and Journal Entries [ 0 Answers ]

What is the adjusting entry at Dec 31, 2007 for this problem? Problem: Logan Corporation issued 800000 of 8% bonds on October 1, 200, due on October 1, 2011. The interest is to be paid twice a year on April 1 and October 1. The bonds were sold to yield 10% effective annual interest.

Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

I have two more questions I would like you please check for me if you could. Question 1: Received a telephone bill for August, which is to be paid next month, $160. DB Accounts Payable & Credit Telephone Expense Question 2: Completed the series of advertisements for Marsh Tire Company...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.