Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savoirclaire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Holes in Clamshells?
    What makes that perfectly round hole in the opened clamshells that I find on the beach in Maine?
    Sitkadiver Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Apr 8, 2008, 01:11 AM
    Most likely it's from the radula of a Moon Snail. The snails hunt and eat bivales by grabbing the clams with their foot and then boring a hole through the shell with their Radulated tongue.

Hopefully you can still rake a few clams for your chowder.

Cheers
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 07:22 AM
    A drill so it can be on a Necklace. Or
    2 days ago I found a Clam Shell on the Beach that had a hole, not natural(normal), I kept it. I have no reason to doubt Sitkadiver. I also keep rocks have holes through them?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Snail shells on California beaches have the same holes. I just picked up a half dozen yesterday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Holes [ 25 Answers ]

Are Black Holes vortexes or something that take you somewhere else? I just wanted to know where do black holes take you. I know how they're made, (a really giant star collapsed on its on weight) but I wanted to know were they take you, when and who discovered. Thanks

Sinking holes in lawn [ 3 Answers ]

We have been in our house for almost 2 years. Our builder did not do a satisfactory job of putting in a lawn, so the first fall we were here, we had a garden center bring in a Bobcat and work out the lawn and reseed it. Back last February, after a hard freeze and thaw, a large hole (3 ft. by 2...

Knockout holes [ 2 Answers ]

I've discovered that I have a plastic 2-gang switch box with a knockout that has been punched out but no wire coming through. Is there any remedy short of replacing the box and rewiring the switches?

Rust holes [ 1 Answers ]

Can you fix rust holes in frame near rear wheelwell on a 1994 honda civic ex

Drilling holes [ 2 Answers ]

I need to drill a4" vent hole for a water heater in side of my house to connect the venting. What is the best drill to use and any avice on problems imight run into?

View more questions Search