Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dharrell1203 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help. I wish I didn't have an old house and old pipes or I wouldn't have this problem. I assume if this valve didn't cause problems everything else would have been good. Thanks again though for your help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 07:52 PM
    DH... please let us know result.. ok? And thank you for understanding that this is serious. Check out this site... you will understand why I am concerned. There is more involved in connecting water heaters then just soldering/connecting pipes!

Water Heater Blast!

Let us know your thoughts... Mark

KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Mark:

I think your right. The installation really needs to be looked at.

dh:

Green on copper pipes is generally a sign of leaking or excessive moisture. That valve has been leaking for some time. That type of valve is generally replaced with ball valves now. For future reference, irfranview.com can be used to resize images. 640 x 480 usually works. There are probably many other valves in the house that will need replacing. Let's hope that the piping is in good shape.
    dharrell1203 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Thanks for all of your responses and helping me with my situation. I have called a plumber and they came and changed the pipe and put in a new shutoff valve, so no more leaking. My question now is, how long after turning the breaker back on should I have hot water. The heater has been turned off all night so will it be hot within the hour or will it take a while longer?
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Hey DH

Glad you called in pro. Safety first. Did you watch the water heater video at Water Heater Blast! ? Something else, huh?

Hey, you should have hot water in about 1-2 hours... if you don't then CHOKE that plumber... or I will... ;)

You take care and let us know if we can help in future... Mark
    randy54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Hi my hot water heater went out and we replaced it with a new one, new hoses, new pipes. Now for the trouble we are having. We have no hot water pressure, the cold is fine, the hot water is hot, just no pressure can you help me ?
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Silly question, but did you double check to see that the cold water shutoff is fully opened?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

How much should it cost to have thermocouple replaced on a hot water heater [ 8 Answers ]

How much should it cost to have thermocouple replaced on a hot water heater?

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

Low hot water pressure in replaced faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the faucet in a first floor bathroom, cold water is fine but hot water flow was almost non existent. I checked and cleaned the screen in the tap which did increase the flow to a trickle but still nothing like an acceptable flow. I checked the hot water supply pipe and that is fine (I...

View more questions Search