Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girligirl48 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 05:47 AM
    How guilty should I feel?
    OK.
    So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself not to cry. When he finally got around to telling me that he wanted a break, I did not cry and get overly emotional. This made him mad. He was asking why I was not crying and whether I was going to run in front of a car and kill myself (rude). He has quite an ego, and I think that I may have bruised it by not crying.

Since the phone call, we have not talked much. I told him that I did not want a break, but if he did insist we take a break, I would rather become single because I did not want to wait around forever. So I'm not sure if we are on a break or have broken up :S

So here is my question. Yesterday, his mother and sister came from Germany. They came to a movie night at my rowing club (we both row). They stayed for only 20minutes and I did not approach them. I think they wanted to talk to me, but I was too scared to talk to them. I know that I should have been mature and introduced myself, but I couldn't. Is it okay that I did not approach them?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 05:55 AM
    I wouldn't feel guilty, there is a chance they don't know which may make them think you are acting strangely. However his mother is an adult and if she does know she probably understands. I think it is fair not to want to speak to them.

Good on you for not crying! It is an important lesson for your ex that he is not the sun! I don't understand why he asked you for a break? Just because he was travelling? If so you should definitely not go back to him. You are better than that, don't let yourself be treated like part time girlfirend.

I hope you enjoy being single and that the next guy you meet isn't such a jerk. What he said to you about running in front of a car was definitely not on.

Good luck!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 06:01 AM
    1. He got MAD while he was telling you that he wanted a break.. . d-bag.

2. props for making smart decisions... not crying over him... not begging him to come back. Props.

3. if you two break up, you also break up with the fam. It sounds silly I know... but it's true. No worries. I think you did fine.

I feel like it would have been MUCH more awkward if you did go up and intro yourself.

Hi, my name is girligirl48... and I'm your son's ex. Yep.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Sounds to me like you dealt with it all very maturely. You had no obligation to go speak to his mum. If she wanted to speak to you she could have come over. He broke up with you on the phone?! You are well out of that relationship. Sounds to me like he wanted to own you. Let it go. There are nicer guys out there just waiting to meet a lovely person like you.
    elyce Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by girligirl48
    OK.
    So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself not to cry. When he finally got around to telling me that he wanted a break, I did not cry and get overly emotional. This made him mad. He was asking why I was not crying and whether or not I was going to run infront of a car and kill myself (rude). He has quite an ego, and I think that I may have bruised it by not crying.

Since the phone call, we have not talked much. I told him that I did not want a break, but if he did insist we take a break, I would rather become single because I did not want to wait around forever. So I'm not sure if we are on a break or have broken up :S

So here is my question. Yesterday, his mother and sister came from Germany. They came to a movie night at my rowing club (we both row). They stayed for only 20minutes and I did not approach them. I think they wanted to talk to me, but I was too scared to talk to them. I know that I should have been mature and introduced myself, but I couldn't. Is it okay that I did not approach them?
    Pffttt don't feel guilty!
    I say if he wants a break he breaks forever from youu!
    K it would have been strange with the family so your better off just leaving that one and don't feel guilty he could have introduced yousee!
    Butt he might of asked for a break cause he wanted to test if you really wanted him!
    I say call him and sort this out seems youu like him and he likes you his just scared of commitment!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Not guilty [ 8 Answers ]

I was told by security at a store that he saw me take a scarf worth a dollar forty. He said he 100% saw me take it. I did not take it. While being stopped they found a bottle of supplements for sexual labeto for age 65 woman and older.(I am 32). In the cart out in the open next my 4 year old. I had...

Not sure how to grieve.I feel guilty for some reason [ 4 Answers ]

My good friends' brother passed away a few days ago, I was with him when he got the news and immediately broke down, and have a couple times since. I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with death, I have never even been to a graveyard funeral, only a couple of memorials. I don't know why or...

He makes me feel guilty when I ask for a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 26 years. I got married when right after turning 18 and got out of high school. He always worked nights and I worked days. We have never went on vacation and he has always went fishing with his fiends every year on our anniversary. I feel I missed out on life and need to...

View more questions Search