Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denturewear2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Using dental adhesvies
    Hello I was inquiring if it is necessary to put dental adhesvie on my upper complete plate? Shouldn't I just be able to clean them off, shuck them in my mouth and they should fit right? My mom never used adhesvie. Thank you mrs. June gonzalez
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 03:33 AM
    A little adhesive in a denture can give you a more secure feeling if you are out in public. Even if your denture feels secure a little adhesive can prevent food particles from slipping under the denture and irritating your gums (especially a lower denture but can do the same for an upper). But in answer to your question a good fitting denture should not need adhesive.
    daya78 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 08:11 PM
    As flossie told, a good fiting denture doesn't need an adhesive. But sometimes due to ridge form ( that is the part of bone and gums which support your denture) the stability of denture will not be that good..
    A denture with out a good good fit can also cause this problem..
    There is nothing wrong in using a little adhesive.. you can try using them with out adhesive also.. if you are OK with the fit , then there is no need to use an adhesive.. otherwise you can try a little adhesive also
    drsam Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Mrs. June gonzalez,now that you have got your denture made,you would have seen yourself that how many processes are involved,so many types of impressions needs to be taken so on and so forth,its not just the doc.who actually makes it but also the patient who is helping him,remember when the doc.had put a red wax thing into your mouth and then asked you to close your mouth and then he would had sealed it and taken it out of your mouth,there if the patient doesn't closes the mouth like the dentist say the denture goes wrong,what actually I mean to say that don't think that if your denture is lose or not fitting properly then it all dentist's fault,even the patient can make mistake,so please have faith in your dentist and co-operate with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dental chair [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get dental chairs at wholesale prices? These dental dealers are outrageously overpriced. :eek:

Dental cyst [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told today that I have a large cyst at the top of the root on one of my front teeth. I have no pain but would like to kmow more about it as I might have to have surgery to remove it

Dental Assisting [ 4 Answers ]

I recently graduated from dental assisting school. It was a very short program, 71 days to be exact. I learned everything, just compacted. I did graduate with a 4.0. But, now, I haven't been able to find a job for awhile and I don't have much confidence in myself because of the time lapse. Would a...

Dental advice [ 0 Answers ]

Good morning Doctor, Can you give me an advice about the case of my teeth? I have a lot of pain of caries around molars (right up and down, left up), with constant pain and a very sharp sensitivity to hot and cold, but my old dentist family thinks I have no problem..?. Some opaque areas on...

View more questions Search