Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Co worker
    Co worker is telling lies, accusing me things that I am not doing. In general just trying to start crap because this person has a hatred of me. There have been comments and other things that were said about me or even too me. My way of dealing with this is to ignore and just concern myself with my job and nothing else. I have been going through this situation off and on for the last 2 years with the same person. The superviser says do not worry about it. He approaches me with this co workers complaints but obviously there is no truth to it. So I am told not to worry about it. Then I have other people telling me that this person is a trouble maker, which I already know. That I actually do have to protect myself because this person is out to sabatoase my job. I have a family to support but the stress of having to always watch my back is too much. I have worked in the same place for 8 years. Two years ago I ended up working in a new area and this is the only person that wants to make my working life a living hell.

I would like all your advice. Thank you in advance.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 08:15 PM
    I honestly think this person should be fired for this. It's slander.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 01:00 AM
    I doubt that would ever happen.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I doubt that would ever happen.
    It's happened a million times before. It happened at two of my previous jobs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Sounds like a larger company, have you talked to your boss about it, and then HR if it continues.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Do as you have been doing, ignore him and do your job! You will always encounter those that will like you miserable for whatever reason. You deal with them all the same. If you let it affect you, it affects your family. You have the advantage of being right and also evryone knows of what's going on. That will work for you. Otherwise leave him alone, and ignore his baiting.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 08:28 AM
    It sounds to me like they know he is a trouble maker and so they take your reputation over his word anyway. When they come to you and say he said whatever, say something like oh that typical_____sounds just like him to start stories like that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CopyCat Co-worker [ 3 Answers ]

I work in an office environment. Our cubicles are partitioned so that each aisle has rows of 2 cubicles side by side with a small walkway in between. When I first started working there a year ago, I became friendly (as a professional courtesy) with my neighbour who sits directly across from me. ...

I like my co-worker but she has a boyfriend! What do I do? [ 86 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged All right, recently I've been wondering what is going on at work. See I'm in my 20s, and this female co-worker is 4 years older than me. While we are at work together, she seems to flirt with the other co-workers and myself. After work, we sometimes text/call each...

In Love with My Co-Worker [ 9 Answers ]

I came across this website looking for some sort of an answer to my problem. I feel its kind of sad not having anyone else in my life to turn to with this, and having to go to the internet and ask complete strangers to tell me what to do. I have friends, but they are idiots and have an emotional...

Any worker rights? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend works for a small company that recently changed their pay scale. They are paid by the hour but will only get paid for what's billable, not for the amount of hours they are actually at the job. That also includes not getting paid for company meetings or waiting around for their...

Can I Sue Former Co-Worker [ 3 Answers ]

The small family owned business I work for is being maliciously targed by two former employees who have started their own company in the same industry. Both employees incorporated their new business while still employed with the company I work for. Using information such as client names, email,...

View more questions Search