Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josgood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Printer Problem - Power Outage
    Good Afternoon,

The company I work for recently had a power outage and one of our printers has a message on it. The message reads: Load file and execute. The printer is stuck here. I turn it on and off several times, replaced the jetdirect card and changed the memory. None of which helped. Has anyone ever heard of this. Thanks. Printer: HP LaserJet 4200/4300.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2006, 04:46 AM
    I checked on HP's site and found nothing specific. I would suggest either calling their tech support (1-800-HP INVENT) or use the troubleshooting features at hp.com to e-mail them. They will provide e-mail support even after warranty has expired.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 5, 2006, 07:52 PM
    This is a firmware issue with the printer. You might be able to re-flash the printer's firmware and revive the printer without calling in a tech.

I found this in the HP Support Forums:
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...hreadId=997988

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer problem [ 1 Answers ]

My PC recently went very badly wrong and I was forced to use a recovery disc to start all over again. Most things are working properly except for the printer. I am using Windows XP Home and the printer is a Sharp AJ-2200 using Port LPT 1. It was necessary to reinstall the printer but now it...

Problem networking printer [ 7 Answers ]

I just added a new laptop to my home network. It's a Dell Latitude running windows XP pro. I had successfully been using another (IBM running Windows 98) and had it all networked fine, but I cannot get the printer to work with this one. I have tried setting it up tried to install the proper...

Printer Problem [ 5 Answers ]

When I print something all this extra paper keeps printing out and will not stop... can you tell me if it is a printer setting issue or give me a clue on how to resolve the issue. Thank you:)

Printer problem... [ 3 Answers ]

I'm using Epson Stylus C65 it works cause I already used it but when I remove the USB cause I have to insert my scanner, then inserted back the printer and use it "the printer is not ready to print" I wait cause I thought its just a matter of time, I pull it then put it back several times but no...

Network printer share problem [ 1 Answers ]

This is my problem. Have a win NT 4.0 network. Working on migrating windows 2003 server network. Have upgraded 2 computer workstations from win 98 to XP pro. Everything went fine. One machine that was upgraded to XP uses a dos based program installed on the NT server which is shared. It is ACCPAC...

View more questions Search