Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROKYURWORLD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Stadium photography
    I have a Fuji s9000 and I am having difficulty taking pictures at night baseball and football games---i am assuming it is backlighting---please help me with this so I do not have to buy a new camera

Wayne:cool:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 02:26 PM
    You need to make sure there is no lighting behind what you are taking a picture of or it will end up being silhouettes.
    You can also try buying 800 film like this Fuji Cameras - CZ 135-36 color Press 800 Color Print Film - 01020836
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 17, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKYURWORLD
    I have a Fuji s9000 and I am having difficulty taking pictures at night baseball and football games---i am assuming it is backlighting---please help me with this so I do not have to buy a new camera

Wayne:cool:
    You need to be a bit specific as to what you are trying to photograph and what problem are you facing. If it is the action close up. Also where do you sit in the stadium.
    The fuji you mention has 300 mm zoom (max). If you are siiting some way up the zoom is not sufficient to close on to the action. So you should go the other way and take wide angle picts.This will give you ideal metering but no action shots.
    If you have seats very close to the action you must understand that you are sitting very low where the light from the flood lights is directly reaching you so backlighting could bee a problem. Also you want to be taking pictures with full zoom, and very small apperture which in absence of an image stabilised lens will necessitate a tripod.
    And yes changing the ISO will help (this being a digital camera cannot use a faster film as mentioned above)
    Try using the hood over the lens too.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Mar 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
    In night photoraphy we need a tripod stand ,without which it would be a problem to capture .
    Use a tripod stand with you camera and your problem will be solved. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with taking pictures at night in lighted stadium [ 5 Answers ]

My son plays football for our local High School and I just recently bought a Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera. I am not new to the digital camera world but for some reason when taking pictures at this stadium I get all dark photos! What am I doing wrong? I have set my camera on all settings and...

A-1 photography [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help with a-1 photography practice sets please:eek:

3 Rivers Stadium Final Season Glass [ 1 Answers ]

I recently (and accidentally I SWEAR) broke my dad's collectible "Three Rivers Stadium Final Season" Glass. I believe it was a pint glass, and it had the words in white on the glass: Final Season *Picture of Three Rivers Stadium* Three Rivers Stadium 1970 - 2000 I have...

Major League Stadium Dugouts [ 2 Answers ]

In Wrigley Field and Dodgers Stadium the home team dugout is on the third base side of the field. I was wondering if there are any other active stadiums in which that is the case.

View more questions Search