Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjpapa Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Hyundai Elantra slipping out of gear
    Hello,
    We have a 2001 Hyundai elentra, manual transmission, 70k miles and are very conservative drivers, i.e. we don't ride the clutch. Lately, during cold mornings only, 5th gear and 3rd gear slip out of place and go into neutral while driving. It's weird and does not happen during the day in warmer temps. I took it to Aamco and they said there was nothing wrong with the transmission (granted we took it during the day when it wasn't acting up).

Anyone have ideas on what this could be? Clutch seems to be fine and other gears work fine. The car's is really good shape. Does the transmission need a good tightening?

Thx.
    TJ
    CarFreak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Elantra always has gears slip problems. It could be the input gear bearing retainers are loose or broken. Maybe you should try trans fluid that prevent it from slipping which can find in any auto shops before you spend the big bucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manual Gear [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who teach the Manual gear.. or anyone have a speaial ways to learn it, please also leave me message, thks.

Help!dog Slipping Out Of Collar! [ 13 Answers ]

My pomeranian/yorkshire terrier dog - Baby (whom I rescued, as she was beaten & kept in a cage all of her life!) sometimes & somehow, slips out of the collar, & it is very frightening for me, (because 4 yrs.later, I still "work" with her 24hrs.a day, & there is a chance that at that moment she may...

View more questions Search