Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Mar 16, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Chicken pox mark *
    I have a chicken pox scar on my face from when I was about 5. I have never really cared about it till now and in school I notice many people have the same scars. Is there any ways to make it less obvious without make up?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 16, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Try Vitamin E oil. They help reduce the appearance of scars. :)
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 03:57 PM
    What is your ethnicity if you don't mind me asking?
    The treatment will be based on your ethnicity and how dark the skin is, the best treatment for
    Chicken pox scars for dark skin is microdermabrasion but this is for general texture, you still need to seed a doctor to evaluate how deep the scars are and how long they have been there.
    Laser us very good but not for colored skin, photofacial is another option but it is very risky as well for colored skin depending on the amount of melanin you have. The doctor might perform cosmetic procedure like skin graft or filling the scars with fat or substance like restylane or something like that
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Normal chicken pox can leave temporary marks on the skin which takes a few weeks or months to fade. But if the sores are infected or you pick the scabs, this could leave permanent scars. The scar on your face may be permanent if you've had it since you were 5 years old. Laser treatments or other cosmetic procedures can effectively reduce the appearance of chicken pox scars. Alternatively, skin bleaching creams containing kojic acid, glycolic acids or hydroquinone may help fade the scar a little.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    What is your ethnicity if you don't mind me asking?
    The treatment will be based on your ethnicity and how dark the skin is, the best treatment for
    chicken pox scars for dark skin is microdermabrasion but this is for general texture, you still need to seed a doctor to evaluate how deep the scars are and how long they have been there.
    Laser us very good but not for colored skin, photofacial is another option but it is very risky as well for colored skin depending on the amount of melanin you have. The doctor might perform cosmetic procedure like skin graft or filling the scars with fat or substance like restylane or something like that
    I am light skinned; burn terribly in the sun.
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Then you might get photofacial, laser is mainly works on Caucasians, but again photofacials and those other treatments that can be performed by an esthetician do not work on deep scars they are just for textures, superficial wrinkles, pigmentation, chicken pox scars are depression in the skin, and the only thing can be done is raising them up to the level of the skin (you can not scrub your whole face down though the level of the scars) they raise them by filling them or by other several surgeries like punch graft , such procedures are only performed by a dermatologist who is a plastic surgeon not by an esthetician, every scars are unique, I just don't want you to waste your money on all those treatments and will still see the scars are there, they are good for texture and glow, you need a plastic surgeon, hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken pox [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my son is 4 yrs old he has had the chicken pox shot to prevent it but yesterday my neighbors daughter was over and today she called saying her daughter has chicken poxs is there a big chance my son will get them? Or does the shot work well to prevent them? If anyone could help that would be...

Is it Chicken pox? [ 12 Answers ]

My son is 4. He has been a little off colour for a while. Today when he came home from school he had a spot behind his ear. He got very hot and grumpy said he felt sick, and fell asleep on me. He woke up a couple of hours later still grumpy and I gave him some medicine. Then I noticed a few...

Chicken pox [ 1 Answers ]

What is the usual medicaton administered in the case of chicken pox in a 12 year old boy?

Chicken pox [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 yr old had the chicken pox vaccine. A week ago she developed a headache, high fever for 3 days with a cough and sore throat. The 2nd day red flat bumps appeared on her bottom and legs, she's had about 30 bumps. They swelled and had white heads but never turned in to blisters. The first ones...

Chicken pox or what? [ 24 Answers ]

Well, we have all been sick in some way or another in the last two weeks. I need an opinion of what you think this could be. All 5 kids were sick: 1 was vomitting, had a fever for two days, head throb for a few days, then she was fine. 2 started this whole mess, he had a headache and fever...

View more questions Search