Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chargina Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Wage and court proceedings
    Hi, I live in Florida and have been threatened with wage garnishishment cause of a car repo they recently sent me a motion for default what should I do ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Hello c:

What should you do?? I don't know. What do you Want to do? What CAN you do? What are you PREPARED to do?

The BEST thing to do would be to borrow some cash and make a deal with them BEFORE they get a judgment against you. If you won't or can't do that, there isn't much else to do. They're going to win - and it's going to be a whole lot more than they want now. They're going to garnish your paycheck.

You could always go underground - work for cash. Then they'll never get a nickel.

excon
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Mar 16, 2008, 02:48 PM
    And if they can not garnish your paycheck they will attach your bank accounts. I agree with excon settle BEFORE THEY GET A JUDGEMENT other wise it will cause you misery for a long time.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
    The first thing you do is answer the summons with your Intent to Defend.

Without knowing more about the circumstances of this debt we really can't help further.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
    So you answer with intent to defend, but at the same time start trying to work out a settlement or a payment plan with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank levy, now foreclosure proceedings [ 2 Answers ]

We recently have run into some serious financial trouble. My husband was supposed to be in charge of most bills. A few years ago, his mother passed away and left approx $300,000 in an account. He withdrew the total amount within a year and was never told by the company he withdrew from about the...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

Eviction Proceedings- VA [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am new to this site, but I've already found it very useful reading some of your answers. My husband and I have been renting a condo in VA since May. The tenants have not been paying the rent on time from the beginning. In June I received a total of five partial payments. In July they have...

Eviction proceedings [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a notice to go to court to start eviction proceedings. The thing is I don't owe my lanlord anything. I have been late a few times w/ rent but I always pay and w/ the penilty fee. I am having money problems and I am pregnant and already have 3 kids. Do they have the right to evict me?

View more questions Search