Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanilyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Adobe PDF Printer disappears off printer group
    I have been using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6 for several years (have 2003 version) and all of a sudden when I attempt to convert a Publisher Document to a PDF document using the 'printer' the Adobe PDF Printer and/oris missing from list of available printers.

I have removed the Adobe Acrobat Professional 6 software and reinstalled in the hope that this would have rectified problem. But during the reinstallation process I get the following message:

Warning 20225. Adobe Acrobate 6.0 Setup was unable to create new item. Adobe PDF Converter. The Adobe PDF Printer may be unavailable.

GetLastError: The specified module could not be found."

A second error message also comes up and reads:

Unable to find Adobe PDF or Acrobat Distiller printer.

Does anyone have any solutions as I am fast running out of hair to pull.

:confused:

Thanks.

Lyn
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 17, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Are you able to run the Adobe Acrobat program to open PDF files?

Try this. Open Adobe Acrobat. Select File - Create PDF - From file and then specify your publisher document. That is the only short fix I can think of.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2008, 06:41 AM
    You need to fully remove Acrobat Pro. You didn't say how you removed it, but if you didn't go through the Add/Remove Software utility, then you didn't do it right. Even if you did, you will need to go into the Registry and remove any references to Acrobat before you try to reinstall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

Adobe Acrobat: Save web page to .pdf [ 8 Answers ]

I've got Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0. Saving a webpage as pdf: 2006 Program Guide I want to squish it to one page (.pdf). I want to try it both landscape and portrait to see if either is readable... How do I do this? Thanks!

Printer [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to do my taxes online and I have to print it but my lexmark x75 says my usb cable is not enabled and I don't know which usb cable to use and it prints but no pictures and I lost the instructions and I have lost the software disk can someone please help me:(

Printer [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: when I try to print something I get an error how do I fix it?

View more questions Search