Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexandraD14 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Breakouts/oily skin/dry skin *
    Hi, Im 13 ( almost 14 ) and I have dry skin around my nose , and really oily skin , and breakouts =/ I wash my face every night, use moistourizer and a lot of make-up . ( I use AVON moisture 24 and Cover Girl advanced raidiance liquid fondation ) What should I do about it. I think that the moisturizer I use makes my skin oily. Please help ! Thanks:)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Moisturizers and makeups are probably your problem, using too much makeup (or any at all in my opinion) and other things that contain chemicals and oils can cause acne as well as oiliness, dryness, redness, etc.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Mar 16, 2008, 11:44 AM
    I agree. From experience, I have learned that makeup is one of the worst things to be putting on acne-prone skin. When I was in high school, I had acne and it was sooo frustrating. I know it is probably hard to go to school without makeup, I know it was for me. Use upcoming spring break (when you are not at school) and try not putting makeup on for the entire week. Wash your face in the morning and night as well. See how your face looks after a week without makeup. You may be surprised. :)
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 16, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandraD14
    Hi, Im 13 ( almost 14 ) and i have dry skin around my nose , and really oily skin , and breakouts =/ i wash my face every night, use moistourizer and alot of make-up . ( I use AVON moisture 24 and Cover Girl advanced raidiance liquid fondation ) What should i do about it. I think that the moisturizer i use makes my skin oily. Please help ! Thanks:)
    Use an oil free moisturiser and a mild cleanser. Harsh cleansers can strip out moisture from the skin.
    Make up can be a problem but if you really need some coverage, try tinted moisturiser? Benefit do a really good one.

For the breakouts, just make sure you exercise regularly and eat a well balanced diet. You could also try a method I use which works for me.
    Pop 4 uncoated aspirin pills into a cup, dissolve with a little water and apply to your face. Leave on for 15-30 minutes then rinse off. Can use twice/thrice in a week.
    Let me know how it goes if you try it out? :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 04:05 PM
    I agree with charlotte and shoegal. The ingredients in cosmetics can aggravate the skin and trigger acne, and cause skin problems. Discontinue using that liquid foundation until your face clears up. In the mean time, I recommend using a gentle cleanser on your face, followed with a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Choose cosmetics that are non-comedogenic or hypoallergenic. They won't clog the pores or trigger breakouts.

Mar 16, 2008, 05:40 PM
    thanks guys. Ill try your remedy Punkchic =) if anyone else can help ; let me knoww : )
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 07:06 PM
    AlexanderraD14, I know you're very young and vulnerable right now. However, using crushed aspirins and tinted moisturizers will only aggravate your skin and make matters worse. It would be best to wash your face with a gentle cleanser and then apply non-comedogenic moisturizer. And wait a week or so for your skin to clear up before apply any type cosmetics. You really don't need to apply heavy make up on your face. Try using mineral make up. Mineral make up is natural and won't clog the pores. Teenage girls have skin that's naturally beautiful. So your make up should look natural and soft, allowing your skin to breathe.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Apr 23, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandraD14
    Hi, Im 13 ( almost 14 ) and i have dry skin around my nose , and really oily skin , and breakouts =/ i wash my face every night, use moistourizer and alot of make-up . ( I use AVON moisture 24 and Cover Girl advanced raidiance liquid fondation ) What should i do about it. I think that the moisturizer i use makes my skin oily. Please help ! Thanks:)
    Try proactive... I've been using it for about 1 month and my skin is acne ond oil free. Honestly.

Apr 27, 2008, 10:44 AM
    I tried Proactive, it doesn't work for me= /
    meseret10 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Apr 27, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Try mineral make up, it's the best!! I've been using it for almost 2 months and no more break outs
    ;)
    MR.know Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2011, 04:26 AM
    The problem your telling me about is probably call eczema. I so myself have it but near my eye. There is no cure for eczema. But getting sunlight will help it slow down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Skin is DRY. Then It's OILY! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There... PLEASE HELP WITH BEST ADVICE! I don't know what to use anymore... When I wash my face in the mornings it's dry as hell after the soap (I have used all kind of soaps including health products... ) My skin is so so so dry! Later the day it becomes very shiny and oily..! If I used a...

Facial skin changed from oily to dry [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I used you have oily face skin that I never applied anything on my face even in winters while in India. 1.5 years back, I moved to beijing whose climate is extremely dry so from this winters that is since January my facial skin has become quite dry. Now it is so humid and hot here...

Oily SKin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having trouble w/ oily skin, large pores and adult acne. I cannot control it at all. I'll try a new product and it will do good for about a week, then my face becomes prone to it and not work at all. I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of medication and magnesium. I'm being...

View more questions Search