Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retzay Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Do not do mono!
    I was getting good results at first, when I ordered from india, then I started to develop spots throughout my body.. my face kept getting red and red, and I was hot the whole time. I got light with stops on my face, dark spots, my face is wrinky and ugly, and I've literally tried to kill myself.. because the melanocytes die at first, and I ignored everyone's remarks, because I WAS seeing good results and I thought to myself that there is no way in hell.

Your melanocytes might die, but the body can regenerate them,and when it does, it will be refractory, I tried increasing the mono and peel my skin but it was getting darker, with white spots all over. It never responded to mono anymore, and I look DARKER than before, after one year of use. I only came here to tell you guys to refrain from mono. I know the despair, but it's the best I could do. I honestly do not want you guys to go through the psychological trauma.

Please hear me out, I beg you!
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 15, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Hope you get better, a lot of people use mono just like regular creams and they use it religiously to hasten the whitening process and increase the percentage, BIG MISTAKE, mono is not a regular cream, should be even used every 3 days or something, while you are using it use something else in between for fast results if you are looking for fast results, never look for fast results with mono by going crazy on the percentage and the application frequency.
    May be you can use something to turn over the skin cells like Renova (tretinoin), that should help because it makes old skin look younger, get it in large amount to use it all over and if you can't get large amount, you can go for body creams contain alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic acids), those should renew the skin, trust me you will be happy just be patient with the Tretinon, might be irritating at first, you can read more about Tretinon, 1% works better, a little aggressive but amazingly good, some acutally think it give them the same results as microdermabrasion or Chemical, vitalize peel

Mar 15, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I tried chemical peels, lactic, glycolic, for two months and no results! :(
    -

Mar 15, 2008, 05:54 PM
    How often have you used it and how many percentage?
    Try Renova , it is the best just be patient, and positive, melanin takes years to die, I am sure it will be okay, just try not be depressed stay and think that something good will come out of this.
    I know this might be not what you want to hear, but really by being depressed won't fix it, just start using Renova and forget about the results, and tell us know how it goes,
    Wish you the best
    p.s. I really think mixing your own cream whatever that powder is, is a bad idea, the creams are prepared in labs for a reason especially those one are used as medication, I mean not just moisturizers, I think all the people who suffer from mono the ones who made their own creams
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Very sorry to hear about your experience retzay and thank you for warning us. Hope you get better. Do let us know how you get along.
    Sashimi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Retzay,

Thank you so much for your message. Please, please I implore you to answer my questions below:

1. What's your ethnicity?
    2. How dark was your skin when you started using mono?
    3. What % of mono did you use?
    4. Did you make your own mix with powder or did you buy it ready-made?
    5. Where did you get your mono from?

I understand if you don't want to answer all of the questions, but I'd like to consider the fact that people keep using mono despite warning 'cause they feel it won't happen to them or it won't happen if they use the "right" kind of mono with low % or concentration. That's why I feel that is crucial you give us more info about your own personal experience. I want to use mono 'cause I've used everything with no result, you see. I want to experiment with 3% mono and I have light to medium hispanic skin. Please, I really beg you to answer at least some of my questions. I wish you well and my heart goes out to you...

Mar 15, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Sashimi, I am a bit dark, olive-skinned Middle Easterner. I tried mono with different percentages, from 5% to 20%, I started with 10% - 20%. Things were going well under I got dry and irritated. No problem, I continued with lower percentage, few months and speedy progress I was so overwhelmed. I became a bit lighter (not white), with spots throughout. It was creeping me out but I continued.. then I decided to take a break because my face was getting red then continued... I lowered the percentage to 5% again and then I started getting darker and darker. I didn't know what to do so.. I kept on going.. no result.. tried to increase the percentage, again, no result, constant darkening..

Only one year later I decided to stop and get into a damage control program.. peeling peeling and more mono did not help.

I'm begging you guys, do not try it! You might not experience irritation at first but you will die.

My progress was good because I was cautious, but even then it ruined my life.

Some of you might ask.. well I saw this pic of this black girl who turned white.. you know why? Because she was using BENOQUIN! It was manufactured in a lab, it's a zero-failure chemical.. if you can get your hands on it.. go for it.

I know of one company that actually does sell mono cream 20%.. I googled it and it was 7unite or something (look them up on google). A friend of mine tried them and she said she had good results. So I'm switching to that since it's a pharmacy.. I think they're legit because I trust my friend. I will give you a full report once I try it..

Mar 15, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Even then, you can wait for one month when I give you guys a report on their mono.. do not trust it yet..

Mar 16, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Retzay,

Thank you so very much for your answer. I'm sooo freaked out now!! The stuff I ordered from China (3% monobenzone) hasn't come in yet and don't know what I'm going to do with it when it arrives... I'm so sorry you had that horrible experience, it must be a nightmare! I'll send you a PM, please check your mailbox. God Bless...
    mellowkat Posts: 78, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
    I bought some of that 3% cream from eBay a long time ago

But have really used it

But I'm going to use it along with my freshup to lighten my lips

It's too weak of a percentage to lighten the skin
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Are you sure it won't lighten your overall skin, mellow? :confused:
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowkat
    i bought some of that 3% cream from ebay a long time ago

but have really used it

but i'm going to use it along with my freshup to lighten my lips

it's too weak of a percentage to lighten the skin
    Kat.
    It will work but it will be a slow and gradual process. :)

Let me know how fresh up works for you?

Mar 16, 2008, 04:38 PM
    HOLY GUYS!

Mono sellers from some countries actually put hydroquinone in their mix so that you would look lighter and think that "mono" is working!!

I've seen them promoting people from different countries.. They show pictures with HIGH saturation and "lightness" to make their skin look lighter and profess that "mono" is working.. I saw some pics of some indian guys here showing pics with lighter skin.. closer looks shows that there isn't much difference and that their "lightness" is from being under strong light (go back to the pics so you'd see).

Anyway, I ordered something from 7unite (google them).. I got it on Friday and I tried it on this morning... it felt tingly, when the other "mono" didn't do anything at all.. except damage.. the structure seems different, whichg ives me hope..

I'll report on them later.. but people told me that their cream works so who knows. DO NOT TRUST IT YET! I don't want to come off as a spammer because believe me I DO NOT WANT ANYONE OF YOU TO USE MONO! I'm just going to TRY it and then give you a balanced review... I think this would help only those who damaged their skin with mono..

Anyway, wish me LUCK!

Mar 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Retzay,

I (well 'we' are) am so grateful to your honesty and your desire to help us through this journey. God bless you. I wish I could meet you in person, but I'm in southern CA and you're where? The stuff I ordered from China is ready mix, not powder and 3% only. I'm Hispanic and you're Middle Easterner, so we may have a similar skin tone I'm guessing. I'm going to be using Fallene total sunblock on my face and will be applying the ready-mix cream to my feet only and at night. If I spot one single spec of white anywhere in my body, I'll RUN to the dermatologist. What do you think? Please keep us informed.

Mar 19, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Sashimi, I think you should read this.

I did not want to report this immediately because I wasn't sure, but I figured since I'm literally going to jump out of happiness.

The monobenzone cream (20%) I got from 7unite (again, Google them, I don't have their email but it's on their site) is doing it's magic.. I put it on my body since I figured I was a lost cause and that nothing would help.

To my surprise, the first thing that lightened was my face, and it scared me less. But I went on. I used it in combination with exfoliants.. my spots are becoming less pronounced now, and I even heard my mom telling me that I got lighter..

It's scary, after one year of hit and miss, and just when I decided to throw in the towel I decided to give it one last shot. And I can tell you guys 10000000000% that their mono is authentic!! I am NEVER EVER going to order from India. Especially when there are a lot of Indian here promoting mono from that country and giving other Indians and other dark-skinned people false hope.

BUT (and this is a BIG BUT, bigger than Lil Kim's) I think what I was seeing earlier was expired mono with hydroquinone, so it might have worked in conjunction with the previous mono from India?

At any rate, I'm going to continue then keep you guys updated..
    -

Mar 19, 2008, 04:22 AM
    That's great, I am so happy for you, hope this gets you back to happiness.
    I agree, DO NOT BUY POWDER even if it dissolves in water, I just find it naïve to think that we can be chemists without going to college.
    Someone (LOVIE1) claimed to be a chemist and everyone believed her, BIG MISTAKE, she told all of us to just blend it, a lot of people claim to be chemists or they know what they're doing, do not believe that, you will only regret it later, but no matter what, BUY ANY THING ALREADY PREPARED IN THE LAB.
    God I am so mad about my $225 on mono powder.
    Just my opinion, don't want any one jumping down my throat
    -

Mar 19, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Where do you live Retzay?
    simonek Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
    muna where did you buy your mono for 225 and what happen for you to regret it
    -

Mar 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Like any one else on the forum, well at least most of them, check the old posts and you will find your answers
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 19, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by retzay
    Sashimi, I think you should read this.

I did not want to report this immediately because I wasn't sure, but I figured since I'm literally going to jump out of happiness.

The monobenzone cream (20%) I got from 7unite (again, google them, I don't have their email but it's on their site) is doing it's magic.. I put it on my body since I figured I was a lost cause and that nothing would help.

To my surprise, the first thing that lightened was my face, and it scared me less. But I went on. I used it in combination with exfoliants.. my spots are becoming less pronounced now, and I even heard my mom telling me that I got lighter..

It's scary, after one year of hit and miss, and just when I decided to throw in the towel I decided to give it one last shot. And I can tell you guys 10000000000% that their mono is authentic!!! I am NEVER EVER going to order from India. Especially when there are a lot of Indian here promoting mono from that country and giving other Indians and other dark-skinned people false hope.

BUT (and this is a BIG BUT, bigger than Lil Kim's) I think what I was seeing earlier was expired mono with hydroquinone, so it might have worked in conjunction with the previous mono from India?

At any rate, I'm going to continue then keep you guys updated..

The 20% mono may be working now but how do you know after a month of use it is not going to back fire again?
    I would be afraid to use that stuff because my dermatologist specifically told me that it is detrimental to skin if you don't have virtiligo.
    Why don't you try safer products with Kojic acid and Other natural lighteners. If you use mono you will kill all the melanin in you skin so you will be like an albino making you more prone to skin cancer and skin aging (wrinkles). You can say good bye to being at the beach in your swim suit because you will have to cover you whole body with sun protective clothing because sunscreen will not work for you anymore. Is using mono worth that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydro/mono? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice from people who have used hydroquinone and/ or monobenzone ( benoquin). I really need to lighten my skin. With hydroquinone - how long should I use it for, any advice on strengths, also, if I use sunblock when I discontinue it, will it maintain my complextion?...

Do I have mono now? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend has mono. He had it a week before we went out and he has had it for about 4 weeks now. Unfortunately we haven't been able to kiss yet cause I didn't want to catch it but last week wed. I had a piece of his candy bar after he bit off it and I forgot he had it and then I figured it was...

Could I have mono. [ 3 Answers ]

Could I have mono.. I have sharp pains (almost like hunger pains) in my upper stomach, in between ribs, my head feels heavy, headache, a sore neck, sore throat, stuffy nose, tired...

Mono [ 2 Answers ]

Alternative medicines for mono in a 16 year old of homopathic sures for such

View more questions Search