Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ritzliny41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Internet Explorer
    When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2006, 09:53 AM
    We're going to need much more details. Start by answering a few of the belows points if you can please:
    • Can you access the internet at all or is this just an Internet Explorer problem? For example, can you still use an instant messenger? Does another browser like Firefox work?
    • Are there certain pages you can't access?
    • Does the status bar in the bottom left say anyway? For example "Connecting to..." or "Done"
    • Do you use dial-up or broadband?
    • What versions of Windows and Internet Explorer are you using (
      Help >> About Internet Explorer).
    • Do you have anything like a firewall running?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Hi,
    Welcome to this site, and thank you for asking a question here.
    Exactly, what do you mean?
    Do you mean that from the Desktop, you left double-click on the IE Icon, and it just goes blank? I don't understand what you mean by "I can access it all".
    Are you connected to the internet when you try?
    Please post back.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2006, 10:15 AM
    It sounds like the dreaded CoolWebSearch infection. At the bottom of that web page (the hyperlink in this message), under the heading 'Epilogue' is a link to download CWShredder which may be your solution. Before I recommend this I'll wait to hear additional info from you as asked by the previous experts.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 2, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Hi,
    I am also waiting for your answer for the details asked previously by the experts.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Weird things are happening to the site right now...
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2006, 12:43 PM
    OK, so IE just crashes when you open it. I think Need is right on the spare front. Try downloading and running the following programs:

CWShredder
    AdAware
    Spybot: S&D
    Ritzliny41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 12:43 PM
    [QUOTE=Ritzliny41]When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer don't run [ 4 Answers ]

My internet explorer don't works just stucks, the green bar don't apear. First thought it was the internet connection but with Firefox works well. Have taken Firefox and unistaled internet explorer and it worked, for one day :confused: now is the same problem. Any ideas of how to help me??

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused:

MS Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

After installing Firebird I lost use of Internet Explorer. It tries to open a site only to return the page with the message "Cannot find server - the page cannot be displayed. There are some web sites requiring IE, how do I reset the program. I tried downloading from MS but they said I have a newer...

Pop-ups in Internet Explorer [ 6 Answers ]

I'm using Spybot to remove adware and spyware, but I'm still getting a few popups with Internet Explorer (specifically noticed when I try and access Yahoo or Google) which I don't using Netscape. What more can I do to end all the popups in Internet explorer?

Internet Explorer 6. [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and have developed a problem with my IE. When I first log on to internet my home page sometimes locks up or it will turn off IE and send me back to desktop. This does not happen all the time. Some time I can change web pages then without warning my IE will turn off and I am...

View more questions Search