Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onemommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Aesop & 401k issues: Need to cash out for financial hardship
    I had a part in our company's Aesop program and then the company was bought by another company when the owner died. I also am vested in our 401k. Well, this is what has my head spinning: 1)The company found out that they cannot legally keep the Aesop program because of they way it is now structured and 2)they decided to put that money into a 401k. 3) they decided to go with a different investment program ( from one company to a different one altogether) 4)it caused the 1st company to penalize ME by 2K. 5)I asked several months ago about cashing out the money altogether and was told that I could not do that 6)my wife lost her job and I thought that was considered a financial hardship, but can't seem to get any STRAIGHT answers from our plan administrator. 6)I need to know if there is some way to get to the money NOW and what kind of penalties are involved.

I don't know what to do. I don't even know who to contact outside of our business, that could help me to get REAL answers.. . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Apr 16, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Yes you can get the money now but you should expect a 10% penalty on taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k hardship questions [ 1 Answers ]

1) I owe Federal back taxes, State back taxes, and local real estate (county taxes) and am late on my house payments. Can I take out 401k money without paying the additional 10% tax for early withdrawl? 2) Also, a few years ago, I lost my job and my 401k automatically rolled into a withdrawl to...

401K Hardship - [ 6 Answers ]

I will try to summarize my situation. 56 years old and terminated by my employer. Have 150K in 401k plan. Owe 78K on mortgage (9 years remain). About 12K of credit card debt. Can I qualify for penalty free lump sum distribution or take a monthly distribution penalty free? I would like to pay...

401K Hardship Withdrawal [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to sell my primary residence (without giving it away) due to a market downturn. If I rent it and then buy a new house which will become my primary residence, can I take a hardship withdrawal to apply towards the purchase of my new primary residence?

Hardship loan from my 401K [ 1 Answers ]

I am fully vested in my company benefits 401k program. I need a loan but have a loan I'm still paying from 2003 from my 401k. I understand that I cannot take another loan out until the first one is paid. What is a hardship loan and is it set with any penalties? Also since I am fully vested do...

Hardship withdrawal from 401k [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking into getting a 2500.00 hardship withdrawl from my 401 (k) for closing costs on a home. Is his wise?

View more questions Search