Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svetap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Irregular vaginal bleeding
    I am 25 years old, and I have my period regularly, every month for about 5 days. I haven't got my period for 2 months, and than on the third month I started bleeding slightly, and now its been bleeding for 15 days. Does anyone know any reasons for this. Its not that slight anymore, but it doesn't even reach the pad. A little more information, I am not sexually active, and haven't been yet. I have had a lot of stress lately. If anyone knows anyhtign about this I would appreciate it greatly thanks.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 15, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Sometimes your periods can be irregular because of stress, illness, a change in schedule, a hormonal imbalance, birth control medication, lots of things really. I think your best bet is to go to the doctor and have an exam done. If you haven't had a pap test/pelvic exam yet, this is a good time to start. Even if you aren't sexually active, it's still good to do that once a year once you are 18.

A friend of mine had this problem, and in her case, they gave her birth control pills and it helped to regulate her cycle.

Here are a couple links about irregular periods and what causes them:

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo...ptoms/538.html

The last one is a test you can take to see what MAY be causing your symptoms, but of course you can't diagnose what is wrong by using the internet, so no matter what it says, I still think you should go to the doctor. But I included it because it has some good info.

I hope everything is OK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I had a baby 10 months ago. Since then my periods have been somewhat irregular, not by much but still. I was always like clockwork before. I'm not on any birth control either. My last 2 cycles have been really messed up. One was 45 days, the next was 35 days. Now I started having some...

Vaginal Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a baby 2 months ago, around the 4th week after delivery I passed a blood clot the size of a golf ball. I also have pains in my abdomen area during sexual intercourse. What's wrong?

Irregular bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I am 39 years old and have always had very regular cycles. But in the past 3 months, I am having 2 and sometimes 3 cycles a month. I am currently bleeding and my last cycle was 12 days ago. It always starts with a dark brown blood and then after about a day, turns to bright red. I am in no pain...

View more questions Search